Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Newbie Caveman From Essex!  (Read 54612 times)

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Caveman From Essex!
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 10:02:21 AM »
Another update.... lost another pound, so now 14st 3lbs! Is there anything to help the skin on this kind of lifestyle diet? My face has got progressively redder and dry.

Thanks.

honey helps reduce inflammation, so apply honey to your face and let it sit for 10 mins and then rinse with warm water, and then apply a thin layer of coconut oil. My cheeks have always been very red and when i started doing this routine the redness started to dissipate. hopefully it'll work for you too! also, dryness of the skin could be a sign that you arent getting enough fats and arent hydrated well enough throughout the day. try to up these a bit and see what happens! best of luck to you!
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

6f00t4

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2011, 11:25:49 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I'll give the honey a go. I like eating coconut oil in it's raw virgin form, so perhaps just a little more intake.

Due to my new fitness routine, I am eating a bit of pasta or rice now, so don't frown on me too much! I just can't perform without a bit of carbs!!

Well, we are off to Norway next week for a short vacation. Looking forward to some local meat dishes and of course meeting some Norsk Vikings!!

Iain

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2011, 11:34:24 AM »
Norway sounds great, I'd love go there. Make sure you get some pics and post them up for us not lucky enough to have been there yet  ;D

6f00t4

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
Will do.

Offline sabertec

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »
The week on hardly any carbs does make you tired quicker and my hands are cold! I had a moment of weakness today, in the form of two pancakes with lemon juice and two small scoops of ice cream!

Hi there it's great to hear new cave people with their experiences (I have been a quiet member here for a while and I am not new to the caveman lifestyle)

Just thought I would put a pancake link up for you as these are simple the best  ;D especially with cream and blueberries.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/almond-banana-pancakes/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-coconut-pancakes-and-waffles/

Iain

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 04:46:35 AM »
03/01/11  83.4 KG's
31/01/11  83.6 = Became a cave man  ::)
n/a missed weigh in
n/a "         "            "
14/03/11  78.5

Morning All,

Just hijacking 6Foot4's thread to give an update. Above is a C&P form our Fat fighters competition at work.....Still losing...and by losing I mean winning  ;D

Feeling good, have a great day everyone  :-*  :P  ::)  :o

PS -2.2 Lb to a KG  ;)

Just to follow on from this yesterday, there are a few people at work coming round to my way of thinking now. They've been checking the fat fighters spread sheet and I'm the only one with any significant weight loss  ::) :o ;D :D ;) :)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 05:44:56 AM by Iain »

6f00t4

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »
Well after 12 days at sea, cruising the Norwegian coast, I've only put on 3lbs. Considering the cold and the all inclusive meals on the ship, that's not bad going.

I've already been out on the bike again and it's warming up here in the UK. Getting ready for a great summer of paleo life.