Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: New Guy on the board. Started Stage One a Week ago.  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Arnight Nomad

• Cub
    • View Profile
New Guy on the board. Started Stage One a Week ago.
« on: November 22, 2010, 12:26:34 AM »
Just dropping in and saying hello. I'm 6'0'' and currently 220 lbs.

I've started just a week ago by following the system with some minor tweaking here and there.
Since I began I and my family noticed immediate changes. I'm looking as young as I did when I was
18 and I've lost weight rapidly.  I'm not knocking it but the transformation was kind of a shock. 
I'd like to strongly encourage everyone just starting on this system to keep it up because it is well
worth the short and long term benefits.

Offline scootermon

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: New Guy on the board. Started Stage One a Week ago.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 12:16:39 PM »
Keep up the good work... it can be difficult at first, especially in stage 2 but then it all seems to fall into place. I started the first week of October and I was at 205-210ish. This morning I was at 190 and feeling great. Good luck!

Offline Falcon

• Hunter
  • Relearning how to live wild
    • View Profile
    • HubPages
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 05:56:58 AM »
Hi, I just joined up today after having heard about this diet on another forum. I checked out the website and decided to plunge in feet first, so off to buy lots of good things to eat (not all at once).
Feeling rather nervous but looking forward to getting to the natural eating stage - though can't wait for my lasagne feast tonight!!

I'm a little unsure of the quantities I should be eating in stage 1 - would a box of salad with some tuna in it be okay if I spread it out throughout the day? I'm not a massive fan of fruit, so am hoping to substitute that for vegetables instead, - carrots and so on.

Anyway, best of luck to all.

Falcon
No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message. However, several hundred electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Offline Arnight Nomad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 04:24:27 PM »
I'm definitely feeling the challenge of trying  not to eat during the day but after  a week I still feel good. :)

Offline Falcon

• Hunter
    • View Profile
    • HubPages
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 05:09:38 AM »
Well, I've just hit day 4 of stage 1 and am feeling increasingly hungry. Think it's the lack of carbs during the day (I am trying to ration them during my feast as well), or maybe it's a lifetime of being wary of fats and I'm just not getting enough.
I haven't been tempted by chocolate or crisps, I'm just craving meat. Massive slabs of it. But I'm supposed to be grazing, not eating a grazer!!

I do feel refreshed and 'clean' - just hungry!! Did anyone else experience this? At this rate, stage 2 will be torture...
No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message. However, several hundred electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Offline Arnight Nomad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 12:51:04 PM »

I do feel refreshed and 'clean' - just hungry!! Did anyone else experience this? At this rate, stage 2 will be torture...

I'm midway through the 2nd week of Stage 2 and I'm definitely getting hit with hunger (Didn't feel it so much with stage 1). I try not to eat during the day but if It becomes intolerable I usually grab a small (by small I mean it could fit in the palm of my hand) meal of veggies, meat, or nuts to get through the day.  :D

Offline Falcon

• Hunter
    • View Profile
    • HubPages
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 01:31:59 AM »
Well, I managed to hold off eating until my feast, but then went totally overboard and ended up with an upset stomach!! So that taught me something!

I'm definitely enjoying the challenge of this new way of eating (mostly) and I think it's having good results already. My face certainly seems to have slimmed down somewhat and my skin has cleared up as well.

Hopefully there won't be a repeat of yesterday.

Sounds like you're doing really well on Stage 2 - are you still losing weight?

Offline Arnight Nomad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 10:47:55 AM »
Sounds like you're doing really well on Stage 2 - are you still losing weight?

I'm doing very well on Stage 2 though I tend to find it a little rougher than the first Stage. As for my weight, after my big drop the first two weeks I've hit an internal equilibrium so I'm dropping 1-2 lbs per week at this rate. Need to throw in more exercise but my schedule fluctuates so I fit in jogs when I can.  ;D

Offline Falcon

• Hunter
    • View Profile
    • HubPages
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 09:02:18 AM »
Week one of stage one complete - feeling good!

I did drink over the weekend, but ate only paleo to make up for it. Today I ran up six flights of stairs at work - no idea why, seemed like a good idea at the time!

I'm probably not reducing my food intake quite enough, as I am grazing if I feel hungry, but there are definitely changes taking place. I've lost a bit of weight but mostly I just feel better. My partner has decided he's happy to join in my diet on steak night (surprise, surprise) and I've convinced him to give up the pasta and meatballs every week by promising him salad and meatballs instead. He's actually happy with that.

I've had a bit of acid indigestion the last couple of days, but I think that might be because I've increased my onion and pepper intake.

Anyway, week two is going well. I do miss mashed potato but as it's the season for them, I'm going to try and supplant it with roast chestnuts instead.

Bring it on!  :D