Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Vegan Cavegirl  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Alcinoe

• Cub
    • View Profile
Vegan Cavegirl
« on: November 21, 2010, 07:25:58 PM »
Hello! Newbie here! I'm a 17 year old girl, 5'3 137 lbs. I just stumbled across this site and am totally sold. I'd like a diet that will compliment my rigorous martial arts training and this sounds perfect. I wouldn't mind losing a few extra pounds too.  :P I'll give a little background. As the subject line says, I am a vegan (don't kill me!) but I'm contemplating adding some meat back into my diet. I was also a raw foodist for a few months recently, meaning my diet consisted solely of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. I suppose you could call it a whimpy version of Paleo. I felt great on it but alas my cravings for cooked food overtook me. I'm hoping to cultivate the same light and energetic feeling I had on raw with Caveman which seems to allow me a bit more leeway.
 So today was my first day and I feel amazing! I had some grapes in the morning which held me over until my main meal at around 8 PM. My energy was pretty good until around 4 when I started feeling a little lethargic. I only did some light exercise today but on days I train I plan to have some nuts before exercising. I wasn't totally strict with my dinner which was white beans and chickpeas wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves, a few corn chips with chipotle salsa, and a scoop of coconut milk ice cream. Not the best I know, but now after the meal I feel completely satisfied and bursting with energy! So far, this seems like a lifestyle I can maintain. Any comments are welcome! I hope to make some new friends here. ^.^

Offline Alcinoe

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Vegan Cavegirl
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 07:48:20 PM »
Here's to Day 3 and I'm loving it. My energy is great and I've lost 2 pounds (water weight most likely). In training for the past 2 days I've felt light and energetic like I hoped. However, halfway through I've begun to feel lightheaded. The first day I was okay but the second day I was overcome with nausea. I've read that these are normal signs of detox. It was strange though. Despite my nausea and lightheadedness, my strength and power seemed to increase overnight. I was able to knock down opponents I've never been able to before with ease. Well, I'm hoping the symptoms go away in a few days. I'm going to buy my first bit of meat tomorrow. Maybe it will help.