Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: What are your aspirations?  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Madison

• Cub
    • View Profile
What are your aspirations?
« on: September 05, 2007, 02:05:53 AM »
As we know all to well most of us have got a multitude of things that we would love to achieve..
For many, accomplishing dreams or overcoming fears is something much easier said than done but I believe if we give up on a very impactive word then all is lost; that word being HOPE..

The inspiration for this topic came from the website 43things.com where many people express their innermost wants and needs for what they feel would make them happier within themselves. Personal subjects can range from the most basic to the exceptional, radical and extraordinary. The topics are limitless and are always inspiring. So therefore, I've decided to list a few of my own here. Each one is in no particular order but are some of the things I'd love to achieve..

• Learn how to play an instrument; either the piano or guitar
• Write a book
• Have a place that I can finally call "Home"
• Learn how to ride a bike again
• Gain the qualifications necessary to help women trapped in domestic violence situations
• Start drawing again
• Create a garden that I can call my own
• Forgive my Father
• and finally Stop Procrastinating!!!  :D

Also, if your anything like me regarding procrastination, I found this post by Eyesontheprize that I'm sure will have a profound affect:

"The book Power of Focus has a whole section on Procrastination. A nice point it makes is that if you take a few letters out and re-arrange the others, you get the word CASTRATE. It suggests thinking of the word CASTRATE (when you find yourself procrastinating) and the mere thought of that and what it means - the cutting off of your FUTURE".

So to finish this off, I'd love to hear of other people's aspirations, interests or even fears. It can be from the smallest of things or you can be like me and just let anything out..

Remember, your feelings and views on any subject no matter how insignificant you feel they may be are all valid..

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined"
- Henry David Thoreau
Fear. Courage. Freedom

Offline LAChick

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • The Pink Guide to Going Green
Re: What are your aspirations?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 04:47:28 AM »
Madison, you must have ESP - I've just had this same conversation today.

I've had a massive project on the go for about 18 months and today I finally took some major steps towards reaching the goals I set myself at the start of it. I'd been working solidly for over a year and achieved quite a bit but my lack of focus was fairly evident. I hadn't really realised until this week that I had been procrastinating (out of fear) a little - or exploring my options as I've termed it. So, it's time for action - finally!

My list goes a bit like this:

See my major project through to completion (and start another)
Participate in Burning Man next year
Visit Morocco & Turkey
Learn to speak French (damn sexy language)
Have a Black Labrador as a pet
Live by the beach
Be interesting and interested
Write a story for someone I love
Meditate every day
Sail and Surf my way around Australia (and the world)
Face my fears head-on (swim with Sharks, speak up even if I'm not sure I'm right, be wrong and a stack of other stuff that freaks me out. Except bungee jumping - I'm never ever gonna do that)

I think I'll leave it at that before I start procrastinating under the weight of expectation.
 ;D

Offline Madison

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 12:01:47 AM »
Good on you LA!   :)

It must be so rewarding for you to know you've achieved those steps towards your current goal. I find that not only the goal is rewarding but the journey along the way is just as important..

I also love your responses - especially wanting to participate in Burning Man. What a fantastic event!.. To be fully in touch with others in such a way yet be unconditionally accepted as you are (no matter what) at the same time must be such an exhilarating experience!

Actually, I'm going to add here to my goals that I want to one day take part in it as well!  :D

Keep up your great work LA and enjoy every bit of it..
Fear. Courage. Freedom

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 07:24:59 PM »
Great thread, here's my list;

• Write a book.
  • Help to liberate people from the shackles of modern society.
  • Die in a blaze of glory (love).

:P
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Renee

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 03:25:39 AM »
Great topic!       Heres my list...

To write poetry
 Make my dreams come true
 Live near water
 Find someone special to spend the rest of my life with
 Support my kids in what ever path in life they choose
 ;D
 I am content otherwise

Offline Jen

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • DoingTheCaveman
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 12:02:37 PM »
It’s so interesting to hear what others aspire to. These are mine, if I achieve the first two the rest should follow.

Move somewhere a better standard of living can be achieved.
Take refresher driving lessons and hit the roads.
Travel in conjunction with visiting family and old friends dotted around the world.
Take the plunge and work for myself.
Recommence lampworking (hot glass) hobby and set up workshop.
Regain health and fitness.
Be able to ski again ;D

& you did say the most basic
Eat fish.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:04:48 PM by Jen »