Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: 5 day fast  (Read 2974 times)

Offline watersennin

• Cub
    • View Profile
5 day fast
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:21:07 AM »
So I just completed a 5 day fast and maybe it's because I was forced to fast (I ran out of money 5 days before my pay check lol) but after like 2 days with no food i started getting angry really easy even at the littlest of thing like if the elevator (normally i don't use it but i was trying to conserve calories) took over 10 seconds to get to my floor i felt like i wanted to destroy entire planets lol. normally I'm an easy going laid back person and it normally takes a lot to get me angry. it was weird. Also normally when i watch animal documentaries and see and animal eating and animal i always wonder if it would taste good but during this fast everything looked delicious even a people. It's probably for the best if i don't do long fasts often (i like fasting during the day and eating at night though) I'm afraid ill end up turning into a cannibal lol. strange though the only thing i craved the entire time was MEAT. Anyone else have any experiences with fasting?
"In the past, severe training was the proper tradition, but nowadays people tend to avoid it as much as possible. Sometimes being ruthless or withstanding brutality is part of the art of self protection. Easy training will not make it possible to protect you from attack and danger. When your life is in danger and you are totally involved in survival you can easily endure severe injuries and hardships. Remember "Sutemi no Seishin" which is the spirit to fearlessly throw your life away." - some guy who i cant remember the name of

"Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post" - stewie griffin

Hericletus (circa 500 B.C.) said of men in battle;
"Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there."
"Eighty are nothing but targets."
"Nine are real fighters, we are lucky to have them, they make the battle."
"Ah, but the One..." "One of them is a Warrior..."
"He will bring the others back."

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 5 day fast
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:42:50 AM »
Not for that long. 36 hours is enough for me and Yes, after a fast I want a big rare steak with a side of sauteed mushrooms.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »
I get the same way when I fast, very irritable and everything bothers me. thats why i dont fast. that and i used to be anorexic and fasting causes me to relapse.  :-X
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline takujohn

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »
I do 4 fifteen day fasts a year, helps to keep me healthy and strong. I also help local people in guiding the with fasting. Usually it's a fast using fresh made fruit and vegetable juices. A water fast is a little to drastic for most people because of the toxic crap in most of the food they eat. Loosing your temper on the elevator was probably just a detox sytem, it happens sometimes while fasting. A steak is not the best food to break a fast with, might make you real sick, try an apple next time.