Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: New Caveman  (Read 3629 times)

Offline 1972pixie

• Cub
    • View Profile
New Caveman
« on: July 07, 2010, 01:33:27 AM »
Morning All,

Just about to embark on the Caveman plan, after several weeks of searching for difference diets I think this is one for me.  I do however have a few questions, and hope that you can help with the answers :

Breakfast - This is not something I do, my first food is usually 2 or 3 hours after getting out of bed.  Now looking at Stage 1 this is fine, drink the water ! However I have been told many times before that "Breakfast is the most importance meal of the day" mainly drilled in by my Mother......

So is the water a breakfast substitute ?

Alcohol - I like lager, but don't have a problem not drinking during the week.  However I like to unwind at the end of my working week in the Pub on a Friday night, so reading some of the Forum posts Alcohol is bad, nothing I didn't already know but is 4 or 5 pints (Lager) on a weekend a complete No No ?

If so is there any alcohol that can be drunk ? just to be social  ;D

Tea - When I get to work I like a cup of tea, I probably have 3 or 4 a day (non on a weekend) whats the caveman view ?? (I take milk but NO sugar)

Any suggestions welcomed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:41:26 AM by 1972pixie »

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Caveman
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 03:31:53 AM »
Morning All,

Just about to embark on the Caveman plan, after several weeks of searching for difference diets I think this is one for me.  I do however have a few questions, and hope that you can help with the answers :

Breakfast - This is not something I do, my first food is usually 2 or 3 hours after getting out of bed.  Now looking at Stage 1 this is fine, drink the water ! However I have been told many times before that "Breakfast is the most importance meal of the day" mainly drilled in by my Mother......

So is the water a breakfast substitute ?

Alcohol - I like lager, but don't have a problem not drinking during the week.  However I like to unwind at the end of my working week in the Pub on a Friday night, so reading some of the Forum posts Alcohol is bad, nothing I didn't already know but is 4 or 5 pints (Lager) on a weekend a complete No No ?

If so is there any alcohol that can be drunk ? just to be social  ;D

Tea - When I get to work I like a cup of tea, I probably have 3 or 4 a day (non on a weekend) whats the caveman view ?? (I take milk but NO sugar)

Any suggestions welcomed.

If your trying to loose weight, skipping a meal or 2 is not a big deal. If you just want to maintain there's tons of choices for breakfast, eggs, bacon, steaks, veggies, fruit. Just forget about breads, cereals, juice, jams, pancakes...

Wine has more benefits and less fattening than beer. I'm a social beer drinker thou and drink with buddies about twice a month, always beer. I go for Fat Tire usually. If I go out for a steak dinner I might have the house wine. Nobody's perfect all the time  ;D

If I'm drinking beer I usually stop after about 3 or 4, mainly because I don't want to get drunk.

Tea is OK, Green tea is better for you. I'd drop the milk but that's just me. Several on here drink it, but I feel better since I'm off it completely.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:34:27 AM by houmax »
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline 1972pixie

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 04:01:31 AM »
Thanks Houmax, I appricate the feedback

Im in the UK and cant get Fat Tire, ive just googled it thou and it sounds like the beer (lager) i'd go for  ;D

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 04:41:32 AM »
Thanks Houmax, I appricate the feedback

Im in the UK and cant get Fat Tire, ive just googled it thou and it sounds like the beer (lager) i'd go for  ;D

It's great, it's not like these panzy lite beers thou. You'll still have a buzz the next day. Fat Tire tends to stick with you for a while  ;D

PS I never eat breakfast either unless it's a social event.

Basically I eat one real meal a day(dinner), if I get hungry during the day I munch on nuts, carrots, fruit, etc. Maybe a can of tuna or kippers or a sausage for lunch if I'm really hungry. What's sweet for me thou is I've already lost 32lbs so I'm in maintain mode now.

I also think fasting every once in a while is great. Helps detoxify your body. I usually only fast on days I'm off work and can control my physical activity. Although fasting and exercise will give you a rush and is a great way to burn excess fat.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline 1972pixie

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 05:30:02 AM »
32lbs.... Fantastic work well done you.

How long have you been on the plan ? I guess your right through to stage 3?

How much exercise you putting in ?

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 06:51:33 AM »
32lbs.... Fantastic work well done you.

How long have you been on the plan ? I guess your right through to stage 3?

How much exercise you putting in ?

Since around Feb 16th.

I lost it a lot faster at first, last 5lbs took forever. I'm at 158 now. I'm thinking I may go for 155 but the main thing is just to be healthy.

I walk about an hour every day. Light weight lifting about 3 days a week. I take the stairs at work a lot too. 20 floors makes for a pretty good work out. I started doing 6 floors at first and I'd be winded. Now 20 is no problem.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.