Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: eat fast or slow  (Read 2172 times)

Offline watersennin

• Cub
    • View Profile
eat fast or slow
« on: June 09, 2010, 02:52:47 AM »
For some reason I always eat and drink really fast,I don't know why it's  just always been like that. Are their any bad effects from eating fast? Should I try to slow down or does it really matter?
"In the past, severe training was the proper tradition, but nowadays people tend to avoid it as much as possible. Sometimes being ruthless or withstanding brutality is part of the art of self protection. Easy training will not make it possible to protect you from attack and danger. When your life is in danger and you are totally involved in survival you can easily endure severe injuries and hardships. Remember "Sutemi no Seishin" which is the spirit to fearlessly throw your life away." - some guy who i cant remember the name of

"Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post" - stewie griffin

Hericletus (circa 500 B.C.) said of men in battle;
"Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there."
"Eighty are nothing but targets."
"Nine are real fighters, we are lucky to have them, they make the battle."
"Ah, but the One..." "One of them is a Warrior..."
"He will bring the others back."

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: eat fast or slow
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:00:27 AM »
Yes, it matters. Chewing is the first stage of digestion. In addition to chewing the food up the saliva starts breaking the food down.

Also eating real fast people tend to over eat because they don't get the signal they are full. Also I try to avoid a lot of fluids when I eat. A bunch of water while eating dilutes the acids in your stomach that digest the food.

All the gory details...
http://www.sparknotes.com/health/digestion/section3.rhtml
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:59:20 AM by houmax »
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: eat fast or slow
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:48:04 AM »
I'm a fast eater too....... i do other things fast too like walking......I think it's just down to my very fast metabolism.... i guess in an ideal world we should both slow down, but i don't seem to be overweight from doing it!

Nicki