Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Another new guy...  (Read 7416 times)

Offline COMA

• Cub
    • View Profile
Another new guy...
« on: April 12, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »
     I Just thought i would introduce myself. I live in Colorado, USA for now. I've spent the last six years of my life traveling around the world. Because of the job I had, I was constantly on the go. Now that that I have returned home I have become sedentary. I have been looking for a better way of life for some time now. This looks and feels promising. I am starting at 6 feet 2 inches(1.9 meters) and 229 pounds(104kg). i am very enthusiastic about this. ;D   
The man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war, and afterward he turns his rifle in at the armory and believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle and the power the rifle proffered. The cold weight, the buttstock in the shoulder, the sexy slope and fall of the trigger guard. - Anthony Swofford...

Offline Bellator

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Another new guy...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:19:59 PM »
Welcome friend. i think you'll find this lifestyle very beneficial to your well being. good health to you!

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »
welcome!!  I hope that you find this to be very promising indeed! I know that I have!  ;D
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 10:39:08 PM »
Welcome, let us know how it's going.

I love Colorado. I try to get up there at least once a year.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline COMA

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 05:44:18 AM »
Coloprado is my home but I miss California for some reason. Probably because my wife hates being cold. But, more to the point I have been on the diet for 5 days now and have lost 8 pounds. I also feel relly good.
The man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war, and afterward he turns his rifle in at the armory and believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle and the power the rifle proffered. The cold weight, the buttstock in the shoulder, the sexy slope and fall of the trigger guard. - Anthony Swofford...

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 03:00:14 AM »
Welcome :)

Glad you're feeling great.... hopefully full of energy??...... don't worry if you're getting headaches though, they seem to be par for the course in the beginning !!

Nicki

Offline COMA

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 05:30:39 AM »
Nope ni head-aches yet, but I've been drinking alot of water like almost a gallon and a half per day. that seems to always help.

Offline COMA

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 03:38:10 PM »
 So. I've been good on the diet so far but my wife thinks it is really weird that I no longer eat any of the foods that were once staples in my diet.(grains and dairy) and she is not willing to give them up when I cook it is fine and she loves all the food I make. The problem is that she gets upset because I can't eat almost anything when she cooks( She is huge into baking) she thinks I don't like it anymore. so I guess the question is... Is there a caveman way to bake things? I think if I could find a way to do it then she would be alot happier.

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:29:38 PM »
So. I've been good on the diet so far but my wife thinks it is really weird that I no longer eat any of the foods that were once staples in my diet.(grains and dairy) and she is not willing to give them up when I cook it is fine and she loves all the food I make. The problem is that she gets upset because I can't eat almost anything when she cooks( She is huge into baking) she thinks I don't like it anymore. so I guess the question is... Is there a caveman way to bake things? I think if I could find a way to do it then she would be alot happier.

almond meal is paleo friendly and packed full of protein. perhaps she could bake some almond cake. Here's some info and a recipe from marks daily apple::

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-many-uses-of-almond-meal/ 

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

Offline sartracker53

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »
Well I am new here, I am in of losing weight. When I just saw my doctor he told me to think like our ancestors. and think about what was available to eat and how hard they had to work and travel for it. I am going to try this because it makes sense and is along the lines of what we had talked about.
Bill

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 05:58:26 PM »
Well I am new here, I am in of losing weight. When I just saw my doctor he told me to think like our ancestors. and think about what was available to eat and how hard they had to work and travel for it. I am going to try this because it makes sense and is along the lines of what we had talked about.

I am suprised a doctor brought that up (no offense to any doctors out there). The lifestyle is pretty much common sense, grains are famine food (literally, just take a look at the history of man and famine). and milk is for infants of the species that produces said milk...  :P

the best of luck to you!!

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 10:46:38 AM »
Take a look at one of my posts further down the page "hooray for paleo biscuits"

There's a recipe i came up with for almond biscuits (cookies), you might want to try.......

Nicki
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:48:11 AM by Lilnicki »

Offline COMA

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »
Thanks for all the help guys I will not be online for a while due to a recent development in my career (read: moving AGAIN!!) I will be back as soon as possible. Hope I can keep up with the diet on the road.

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 03:42:32 PM »
best of luck to you on your move!!

hey, even if you eat a few mistakes along the road you won't be doing anything negative to your body! You have been doing so well!  :D

-Laura