Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: 100 Point System  (Read 3149 times)

Offline cave_girl1702

• Cub
    • View Profile
100 Point System
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:16:25 PM »
Modern life moves at a fast pace and it is hard to find the time to relax. TODAY's life coach Andrew May presents a new point system to help provide a healthier balance between work and play.
"We are not designed to go flat out around the clock," says May. "Life is meant to be a series of sprints interspersed with periods of rest and recovery".
May explains that it is impossible to be on the go 24 hours a day, yet in our day and age slowing down doesn't seem acceptable. "Our culture has conditioned us to think that slow is the enemy of achievement. But nothing could be further from the truth."
"Professional athletes go through rigorous recovery programs so they are ready for the next match or game. Yet in the working world, we quite often try to play a five-day test match every week, a grand slam every fortnight," May says. "There is very little focus in our daily lives to recover from the demands of work."
Going slow, however, is important to maintaining balance and sanity in life. "So this week we will be looking at a point program. The idea is to slow us down because we all lead hectic weekly lives."
The aim is to score 100 points each week. "If you do, it means you should be recharged for the following week," according to May. "Or at least have had some good time out."
"It may be difficult to fit in the time, so it can help to keep a notebook with a tally of how many points you have racked up during the week," suggests May. "This helps to ensure that you actually achieve the full 10 points."
The system is called Recharge 100 and the idea is that every week, you do some of the activities below to the tune of 100 points. So aim to get as many points when you can, and when it's just not possible, make it a 70-point week.
Andrew May's 100 point system
Indoor recovery
•   Massage: 50 points
•   Stretch/yoga: 40 points
•   Meditation: 40 points
•   Social catch-up: 25 points
•   Dancing: 25 points
•   Warm bath: 15 points
•   Relaxing music: 15 points
•   Read fiction: 15 points
•   Movie/theatre: 15 points
•   TV: 5 points
Outdoor recovery:
•   Relaxing swim: 25 points
•   Barbecue/picnic: 25 points
•   Golf: 25 points
•   Playing with kids: 25 points
•   Gardening: 20 points
•   Easy cycle: 20 points
•   Slow walk: 20 points
•   Sightseeing: 20 points
•   Fishing: 20 points
•   Amusement park: 15 points
•   Shopping: 15 points

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: 100 Point System
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 12:29:52 AM »
The "Go Slow" movement in the USA is gaining a lot of momentum (pun intended)  ;)

A do agree with the assertions of the article, going slow is natural.  In some parts of the world (particularly in developing countries) there is little concept of time, rather; life is based around tasks or activities.  Fishing is fishing time, eating is eating time, sleep is sleep time - and those times are dictated by mother nature.

Note: I'm refraining from cynicism because I loath the term "life Coach".... in fact, I think i'll stop right now. haha

"Be true to your biology"