Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: I am New Here  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Darthash

• Cub
    • View Profile
I am New Here
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:06:41 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum, but I was introduced to the lifestyle a month ago, I came across Mark Sisson website www.marksdailyapple.com and read his book, and though this is cool, I can eat heaps of meat and fat and feel great, I am going to give this ago. I really only been absolutely primal for about a week and a half.

To tell you a bit about myself, I am a above knee amputee (left side) due to having cancer when i was 6 years of age, I am 62kg, 5'3' that use to be 115kg's, after reaching that and feeling like crap all the time and also having trouble sleeping, i started my journey to get healthy, fit, and to be a little vain, look as good as i could. I went through diets, went to doctor, naturapaths, dieticians, Personal Trainers, and nothing worked. I went to see a dr a mate recommended here in brisbane, Dr Mike Woodbridge, and he put me through this machine  that sent electrical pulses through your body, and well i also got allergy tests done, found i out i was allergic to cows milk, and stop drinking that, thought i might feel better, but nope, no luck there. After that i researched about different things and as i was reading through a forum i found marks link, and read his information and book and i was like this is what i want to try. I am feeling better but still going through the transition.

I love working out, i hate doing cardio, though if i can get out and do a ride around a lake or at a beach i would not say no. I have a passion in swimming so i do that when i can. I am an I.T. Professional so i don't get to do much exercise during the day.

I hope to get advice and give advice. hope to speak with you all.

Ash

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I am New Here
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:42:57 AM »
Welcome!

That allergy detecting machine sounds very interesting, I will have to seek one out!

As far as cardio goes, I loathe it as well... Swimming I think is an excellelent alternative to it so keep that up!

I used to have a job as a payroll manager and I tell you, sitting on your butt 8 hours a day really wreaks havok on your body. Everyday i would get off work I'd rush over to the gym and spend atleast 2 hours there, its seriously a home away from home to me. Office jobs are not my niche but they are the only jobs I seem to get that acctually pay a decent amount..  :-\

I hope that you find our forum very useful!! Best of luck to you on your journey!!

-Laura
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:21:49 AM »
Hello Ash and welcome :)

Sounds like you're making a good start with the healthy eating...... the "no dairy" should be in your favour eh??

Let us know how you are getting on, and if you need any recipe ideas

Nicki

Offline Darthash

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 02:57:25 PM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate it :)