Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Greetings from Lake Munmorah, Australia  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Greetings from Lake Munmorah, Australia
« on: February 11, 2010, 09:16:35 AM »
Hi All.  I'm popping in after a lengthy break, and it looks like it'll take a couple of days of reading in order to to catch up! ...the amount of new posts and members is amazing  :D

I won't bore you with all the details but essentially I've taken some time out, got married, had a baby, moved house/location - and consequently learnt a lot about life  :o

The cool thing is that while I've been experiencing these things, it's been the 'primal philosophy' that has kept my feet on the ground at all times.  The last few months have been totally about the inner self rather than physical outer-self, and for me; the caveman way of life is more relevant than ever.

As a new parent and husband I've been confronted and challenged by many of today's cultural beliefs about parenting/marriage - but by meditating on what primal man is I've been able to find a touchstone upon which to grasp a strong common sense approach.

Anyhow, it's good to be dropping in again.  And I am totally awed by the people that are here; the forum seems to attract amazingly good people.

One final note; Tony B has been incredible in looking after the forum, it's been a labour of love and his work has helped keep this website alive... he's kept the spammers away and selflessly reached out to many people in need.  I'm lost for words... and incredibly humbled.

FYI this is a non-profit website, there are no ads or affiliated products, nothing here is for sale nor are any donations asked for... and I guess this is a key reason for having such wonderful folks in the community like Tony and the countless others who've respectfully shared their journey with others.

Be true to your biology.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Lake Munmorah, Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 10:07:40 AM »
a lot of time must have passed by!! I'm new here but I am finding that this may be where my heart is. I am very glad you have created this site for all of us to share our insights with each other.  :)

congratulations on your child! I know you must be very proud to be a father.

best of luck to you! and thank you once again!

-Laura 
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:38:11 PM »
Matt,

Welcome back!  Thank you also for the kind words... I'm flattered by them, and honored to have the opportunity to give a little something back to a friend and a community that has so truly enriched my life.  We've got some great new members here, and the thoughts and ideas are really flowing!

Congratulations again on all of the wonderful happenings of your past year.   :)
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 12:39:26 AM »
Aha........ Nice to "meet" you !!

Yes indeed.......children are indeed life changing, and a very special gift, as is finding your special someone of course :)

Hope to hear more from you

Nicki