Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Dry Painful Nose  (Read 10005 times)

Offline JoshBanya

• Cub
    • View Profile
Dry Painful Nose
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:29:53 PM »
Right now im a little sick but i dont care cause i have a strong immune system and i rarely get sick anyways and when i do its nothing but what is pissing me of right now is the edges of my nose (You know the hole of your nose where everything goes in and out) is REALLY DRY and it hurts to blow my nose and just feels weird, I have tried drinking tea and letting the steam hit my nose, I tried using a Steamer, I tried Western Medicine only to get a burning pain.

Any suggestions to moisturize it and/or whatnot

Note: 10-14 inches of snow im getting 2maro with already 2-3 feet outside, i am not leaving so i need to make the most out of whats in the house.

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dry Painful Nose
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 07:22:09 AM »
for dry skin i usually use olive oil mixed with lavender oil to soothe the pain, I'm sure it'd work the same on a dry nose (just not internally).

as far as household sources of remedy a mix of honey and olive oil helps to heal and disinfect the wound and moisturize.

hope this helps!!  ;)
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Rob-The-Spartan

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 10:12:12 PM »
Here's what i would do: turn on the hot water in the shower; no cold water. close the bathroom door and take a seat. read a book or something. it will turn into a virtual sauna. the steam will soak into your pores. Just try to relax and enjoy the moisture. When you're ready, turn down the heat a little to a comfortable temperature (but keep it on the hot side. just make sure it's comfortable) and take a long hot shower. Just close your eyes and relax. Breathe through your mouth. When you're done, you should feel better. Mind you, this is only a temporary fix. Mother nature is already curing it as we speak.

Offline KolyPoky

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
Try chap stick your nose is chapped and the chap stick will fit perfectly just dont use it on your lips afterword cause that gross!! have a great day!

Offline genyseth

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:22:51 AM »
I used petroleum jelly when my lips get dry. As a moisturizer you can also use this for that problem. I hope this works.

Offline clickpbdrinks

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • energy drink
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 02:41:26 AM »
not only informative but also knowledgeable
thanks!!!