Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Hello from New Zealand, love your forum!  (Read 3841 times)

Offline back2beautiful

• Cub
  • Me when I visited McBride, Canada in Jan 2010
    • View Profile
Hello from New Zealand, love your forum!
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »
 ::) I couldn't find an "introduce yourself" thread so here I am in general saying hello all and great to be here.

This caveman way of eating and lifestyle sounds great for this here cavewoman as well! here here she yells waving club furiously!   :P

Anyways I'm a newbie and need to lose a few pounds, quite a few pounds or Kgs as we say in New Zealand. So tell me people what is a good average weekly weight loss if a person has say 31kgs (68.2lbs) to lose ? Can anyone give me an idea pretty please.

I have a special engagement (no rings involved) in July this year, is it possible to lose 68.2lbs in approximately 5 months using the caveman way of lifestyle change and eating, diet?  :-X

I shall grocery shop tomorrow and stock up and get straight onto stage one! The diet sounds too good to be true and one that feels right as I read all about it.

Has anyone on the forum lost a LOT of weight and if so what timeframe?  :o

It is a pleasure to be here and Matt, you've done this place proud, keep up the great work! Awesome website/forum!

Cheers
B2B  :-*

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice" ~ White Elk

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from New Zealand, love your forum!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:46:47 AM »
Hello, and welcome to the tribe.   8)

A healthy, average rate of fat loss is about 1 to 2 pounds per week.  More than that, and you're likely losing muscle as well, which will actually cause the process of fat loss to slow down.  Just eat right and stay active and let the numbers take care of themselves.  Also please keep in mind that even as you're losing it, weight can fluctuate with hydration levels, muscle gain, etc.
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 08:28:50 AM »
Greetings!!

I haven't lost any weight (I'm interested in gaining) but I have noticed that I have a significant amount of energy now!!  :D

"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:48:17 AM »
Hello and welcome :)

For me this diet is about eating a very natural diet to help with my digestion which has always been rather rubbish!...... I don't need to lose weight as I'm about right where I am!........ I have read on here about people losing varying amounts of weight which can certainly be done because of the good nutrition behind the diet. You should definitely find yourself feeling much more energetic/clearheaded/and if you get headaches from eating too much junk ( which i certainly did.....partly from drinking too much coffee).... you will find this a great benefit too :)

Good luck, and  keep us up to date with how you're getting on :)

Nicki

Offline ajcurly

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • Get Fit
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 01:30:07 PM »
Everyone loses weight at their own pace. I lost 60 pounds in 5 months eating paleo and riding my bike at least 100 miles a week and as a result I lost a significant amount of muscle. So, now I'm in the process of gainig some muscle mass back. Looking back, if I would have taken it slower (ate more) I would not be in the position I'm in now (and I wish I wasn't). I defenitely don't advocate losing weight as fast as I did but large weight loss can happen. I have a friend I introduced to the paleo diet who has lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks. Again, I suggest a slow and steady approach to the lifestyle change like this website suggests.