Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: attraction  (Read 7377 times)

Offline AidanJ

• Cub
    • View Profile
attraction
« on: December 07, 2009, 10:36:09 PM »
G'day guys

I was just sitting here and thought to myself "would a woman be more attracted to a man on the paleolithic diet?" (and vice versa)
Here's my theory based on the fact that this diet is coded for in our genes, we must (at least to some extent) emit a different pheromone signature to that of men on a modern neolithic diet. Saying that would these particular signatures be coded for in a woman's gene's? (i read somewhere once that women were instinctually attracted to healthier fitter men) and since only a small % of modern society eats purely paleo, these men and women would stand out. This however brought me to another point would this neolithic eater smell 'off' to a paleo eater? So I'm curious, those of you who have been paleo for a fair while, do neolithic eaters smell 'different'? Also couples out there who are both paleo did the diet in anyway enhance your relationship?

anyway, thoughts/opinions I would love to hear!

Cheers

Offline naturelover1

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: attraction
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
I think this was a GREAT question. I hope others post!

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »
Not sure about the pheromones, but I think your theory about the "law of attraction" is spot on.  So does Arthur De Vany...

http://honewatson.com/og/arthur-art-de-vany/
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:42:02 AM »
I find that men are more apt to come up and talk to me now that I have been on the diet for a while... So I'm pretty sure there's a level of attraction that comes with being a healthy individual, even if its not visibly apparent.

I feel a stronger sexual drive now, I don't feel as suppressed as I did before I started the diet and exercise routine.   :-X

I think you've hit the nail on the head!!
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Kate

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:31:24 PM »
Maybe I'm biased, but... When my boyfriend is on the diet (he is off/on), I definitely find him more attractive.  He can get away with eating crap, so I can't really tell a physical difference.  But when he eats caveman-style, he just seems...less sloth-like?  His smell/taste/energy is totally different.  More sharp and strong, or something.  Grrr.  I like it. 

I'm also more sensitive now, to the point where--weird as it sounds--I can literally sense when he's had one too many unhealthy meals.  I can smell and taste it on his skin.  (Not to mention hear it. Though I picked up on those lovely noises before.) 

As for me, I have noticed that a lot more men approach me now.  Of course I look and feel so much better, but I think it has more to do with my level of confidence.  I used to make myself as unapproachable as possible; I was always on guard and glared at men if they looked at me twice.  I couldn't stand male attention.  Now, I couldn't care less!   I just feel powerful, and not as "suppressed" (and ditto on the sex drive!), and it's been awesome!  The male attention is just a happy side-effect.

Offline abdominator

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:31:14 AM »
I find that men are more apt to come up and talk to me now that I have been on the diet for a while... So I'm pretty sure there's a level of attraction that comes with being a healthy individual, even if its not visibly apparent.

I feel a stronger sexual drive now, I don't feel as suppressed as I did before I started the diet and exercise routine.   :-X

DANG! is that you laura in the pic..  ::) :D :P

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 03:34:33 PM »

DANG! is that you laura in the pic..  ::) :D :P

haha yes that is I. Before I started lifting weights however, see how skinny my arms are! geeze!!  :o haha

I think everyone should post a picture of their progress, maybe it'll help some of the guests to this site to get an idea of what wonders this diet does to our figures. good idea?  :)

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

Offline abdominator

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 09:33:59 PM »
NICE,i like the arms this way though  you know you look... ;)

well, i used to lift weights till one day i decided to go 100% bodyweight which was the best decision of my life.
and all this physique i got is a result of that, high volume bodyweight training.

Resistence exercise includes any form of movement where resistence is put against a muscle, and the muscle is required to push or pull against the resistence.
weightlifting IMO
 is an unnatural form of exercise. Chimpanzees, as an example, are eight times stronger than a man, yet do not lift weights. i know their body and muscle structure is different than urs but still.
Lifting weights in my veiw is the wrong way to exercise ... strenous pulling or pushing of weights in lifting weights ... can also affect your heart, kidneys, and other vital internal organs.

Old fashion Hard calisthenics like dips,pullups, pushups, knees bends,sprints and things such as that as well as Isometic exercises in my veiw is over all by far better than lifting weights.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:37:57 PM by abdominator »

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:56:31 AM »
NICE,i like the arms this way though  you know you look... ;)

well, i used to lift weights till one day i decided to go 100% bodyweight which was the best decision of my life.
and all this physique i got is a result of that, high volume bodyweight training.

Resistence exercise includes any form of movement where resistence is put against a muscle, and the muscle is required to push or pull against the resistence.
weightlifting IMO
 is an unnatural form of exercise. Chimpanzees, as an example, are eight times stronger than a man, yet do not lift weights. i know their body and muscle structure is different than urs but still.
Lifting weights in my veiw is the wrong way to exercise ... strenous pulling or pushing of weights in lifting weights ... can also affect your heart, kidneys, and other vital internal organs.

Old fashion Hard calisthenics like dips,pullups, pushups, knees bends,sprints and things such as that as well as Isometic exercises in my veiw is over all by far better than lifting weights.

The only weights I really use are for my arms and sometimes my legs (ususally I go swimming/running if I want to work out my legs). I have a hard time building my arms up to do pull ups when my arms are already too weak to pull up my body weight, so I compensate for that by doing dumbell curls and what not to strengthen them and then when I get to that level of strength I opt for good ol' calisthenics. 

After 3 years of training though I've reached that point to where I don't need the dumbells but use them to help me out when I'm feeling a little weak limbed. Its a bit unorthodox, but then again I am unorthodox in almost every aspect of the word hahaha might as well keep jivving.

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »
Body rows are a great way to work up to a full pull-up or chin-up (and they're an awesome exercise in and of themselves).  If you don't have a bar, you can even do them under a sturdy table.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHTaUHZqE0[/youtube]
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 09:06:18 PM »
I'm going to try that Body Row out when I go to the gym tomorrow!!  ;D

Offline Darthash

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 09:52:26 PM »
I basically already do them within my workout routine, I really don't like them because i tend to get bored while doing them LOL.