Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Fast Patch  (Read 5929 times)

Offline taimenz

• Scout
    • View Profile
Fast Patch
« on: August 18, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »
I fractured my foot in the early spring and its still pretty sore after a long day in the arch of my foot. I've been wanting to try a fast patch which are natural herbs etc. in a patch you put over the affected area and it speeds healing. Well i dropped a 4 inch thick large wood cutting board on the top of my knee the corner of the board whacked the top of my knee. Its really sore today so i got two patches one for my knee one for my foot lets see how they do.
The spirit of wilderness, born into those who seek the quiet placs in the temples of creation, unencumbered by the shackles and comforts of society, is the only reality.  Man becomes real, fulfilling his destiny, nourishing his soul, and touching the Creator with every step. Tom Brown Jr.

Offline taimenz

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Fast Patch
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:24:29 AM »
knee and foot feel better today already one more day with it on the website says it could take up to 6 patches and about a month to heal but my foot is already healed it was just sore still on the bone.
The spirit of wilderness, born into those who seek the quiet placs in the temples of creation, unencumbered by the shackles and comforts of society, is the only reality.  Man becomes real, fulfilling his destiny, nourishing his soul, and touching the Creator with every step. Tom Brown Jr.

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 11:42:28 PM »
Glad to hear you're feeling better... keep us posted.   :)
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline taimenz

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 05:33:24 AM »
the patch helped my knee out almost overnight there was a huge difference in my recovery.   Alot of the soreness in my foot has gone down but its hard to tell if its from the patch.  I have good days and bad with it. My normal days im up early on my feet all day and work a 10hr shift on a concrete floor in a kitchen and its by the end of the night that there is some soreness.

Offline zeeshan002

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:13:38 PM »
there is so much more also like elderberry,  always get a field guide until you know what your doing and what plants because it does get very overwhelming when you get in the field. peterson field guide makes a good book with color pics, and there are so many others tom brown jr's, wild edible and medicinal plants tells stories of the plants that he has used in his life and adds a more personal touch to the normal scientific books.  there is also a website www. mountainroseherbs.com that sells alot of the herbs and also the seeds so you can grow them at home.  the webpage will give you the plant and the uses.
aliiii