Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: New here...  (Read 3270 times)

Offline arthurb999

• Cub
    • View Profile
New here...
« on: June 24, 2009, 06:33:46 AM »
Hey Guys,

After always feeling tired, crappy workouts and generally feeling like something wasn’t right, I decided it must be diet related.  After some research on how bad the American diet is (high fruitcose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oils, etc), I started looking into alternative ways of eating.  I stumbled across the paelo diet and gave it a try.  I basically went to Whole Foods and stocked up on oraganic / all natural fruits, veggies, nuts, meat and dairy (yes I know not perfect).  I tell you what after about a week, I feel the difference already.  The thought of drinking a diet soda repulses me now… it’s weird. 

I am in decent shape 5’11 195lbs 15%bf… always ate a “good balanced” diet and workout 4x a week but I think this is going to make a huge difference.   I also started doing to power workout on the site… the nonstop sets one where you do full body in like 20 min… and I almost threw up the 1st 2 times I did it.  Squats into bench is rough…

Anyway just wanted to say hello and thanks for a good site.

Arthur

Offline arthurb999

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: New here...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:37:51 AM »
Oh yea typical days eating goes like this...

Breakfast – 3 eggs and mixed peppers omelet and a piece of fruit
Snack – nuts (almonds or sunflower seeds) and a piece of fruit (or raisins)
Workout before lunch (my office has a gym and locker room)
Lunch – meat, veggies, banana
Snack – more nuts and fruit
Dinner – meat and veggies (maybe a little cheese)
Snack – cheese slices

All organic or all natural stuff… do you guys think this is good?

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 07:38:37 AM »
Welcome to the tribe, Arthur, and great job getting into "all of this."  What you're doing sounds great to me, so if it feels right to you, keep it up.

8)
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline SallyisRad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 08:05:41 PM »
Welcome!  But you do eat dairy so now I look down at you
hahaha so just kidding!  but I can't even stomach Dairy any more.   I dont know why but the cave man diet has definitely got rid of all my cravings... It's pretty much AMAZING!