Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Back again and on day 2!!  (Read 9623 times)

Offline RichardHicks50

• Cub
    • View Profile
Back again and on day 2!!
« on: July 11, 2015, 02:33:17 AM »
I started my morning off with 16 ounces of water and a strawberry is all that would fit in my hand, so i ate it! Hi, my name is Richard. and I am 275 pounds. This will be my weight loss journal. I posted on Facebook and have tons of prayer and support, but I need your support too. I cant go it alone. I need all the encouragement and motivation I can get!
Richard Hicks

Offline RichardHicks50

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Back again and on day 2!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:16:55 AM »
I am on my third day. Yesterday I know my dear wife was concerned, but I am just not hungry. Around noon, my wife brought me a small plate of blueberries, beef jerky, walnuts,and a strawberry.  They were very small portions, and I did eat them. She said I should eat like this 3 or 4 times a day. But i don't think that is grazing right?  Around 5 o'clock I was hungry, and I am even trying to cut back on portions during supper   All three days I have got out in this heat and walked a good hour. I noticed I had some color in my face, and I feel really good.  We are getting a threadmill today, and that will help get my heart rate up.  I am determined and focused, and my wife is even cutting back. I don't see any harm in not eating if i am not hungry. If i was hungry I would graze something.
Richard Hicks

Offline RichardHicks50

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »
I am on my 5th day. I also volunteered at  a animal rescue center and  today was my first day there. I left around noon, and was actually hungry after working so I stopped and got me a burger (single patty) and a medium cup of sprite zero.  I kinda feel bloated, I think it was the spite zero. I'm just going to keep on trucking with this new way of eating. I got too much to live for to die a premature death.  I will be glad to get off high blood pressure and high chloresterial medicine.  I struggle with a mental illness, and I don't foresee getting off that medicine any time soon. I hope it doesn't stall my weight loss.
Richard Hicks

Offline RichardHicks50

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I go to a mental health support group. I called the nurse there today because I needed a refill on one of my meds. I asked if they would stop giving me the lunches, I told her I was on a strict diet. She didn't like the idea and told me they would give me a diabetic meal even though i'm not diabetic. I think I am being too hard on myself.  I cant help it that I don't like my fat body and want it gone asap. I am over exercising and my back hurts cause I have had rods in it since 1990, and I sprang my foot last January, and it just isn't feeling right. I don't eat if i'm not hungry. I don't even like to graze during the day. I think I am a tad bit OCD on loosing weight. What do you all think? Maybe someday someone will answer my posts here.
Richard Hicks

Offline abootxo18xo

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 06:47:41 AM »

Richard,

Congratulations on your hard work. I know it this is a difficult diet especially for many years of eating in an unhealthy way. My husband and I are on day 1 and I'm sure by the end of the day we will be ready to devour our food! I read all of your posts and I think you were off to a great start. I don't see anymore posts since the 13th but if you are still doing this diet I am praying for you. I know how you feel about not liking your overweight body. Our bodies are a temple and we must take care of them which is why I'm starting this. But the way I am treating it is not a "diet" or a quick fix to getting skinny, I've decided to treat it as a fast. During this lifestyle change my goal is to not only become healthier, have more energy, and feel better, but also draw closer to God and lean to him in my weaknesses. I've struggled with body image issues for most of my life and what I've started learning is God wants us to enjoy life and live! However it is so difficult to enjoy life when we are always stressing over the things we eat. So my advice to you is to treat this program as a new start for a healthier happier you. Take care of your temple but don't let this diet become a God, just like food has. Food controls us in so many ways, and I've realized that I hate eating healthy because I know what I'm missing out on. But that thought right there is why I am treating this as a Fast. I'm going to be praying when I have cravings or want to "cheat" and lean to Jesus to walk through this with me and give me the strength I need to overcome the detoxification and starvation I will be experiencing. I hope you find encouragement through this! Have a blessed day! <3 Ashley

John 6:35 I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

Offline Stewie

• Tribal Moderator
  • Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 09:06:09 AM »
Hi Richard,
How are you getting on? it would be great if you could provide some more updates for the rest of us.