Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Hey Matt...  (Read 6440 times)

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
Hey Matt...
« on: April 20, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »
Matt,

You must be enjoying one heck of a honeymoon, my friend!   ;)

Just checking for a pulse to see if you're still out there.  Don't forget about us, man!

--Tony
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Hey Matt...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »
Hi Tony.  Hope all has been well for you.

Thanks for the holler, i've been self-actualising in interesting new ways of late, check out the pics below.  :o

I'll be spending more time on the website soon, however, it's wonderful to see that the site has been active without my input.  It's (unintentionally) been an interesting test to see if the site can stand up on it's own, and with guys and gals like yourself, it can do just that!

I have a few ideas on a new section for the website... a wiki styled community driven knowledge base, something akin to an encyclopaedia on Paleo health.  As well as an online personal training system where you can log your workouts, workout results, personal bests, food diaries, etc.

I'd like to move away from being the pivotal person on the subject of Paleo health, and instead; highlight the wisdom and experiences of many people, such as yourself.  The forum is a great tool for sharing knowledge, and I think a Wiki would be another great way to share everything we've learnt.

Anyway, take care and speak soon  ;)
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 08:28:16 PM »
Glad to hear from you, mate!  What a beautiful bride... the two of you make a very handsome couple.  Best wishes to both of you in all of your endeavors.   :)

I love the idea of a Wiki-styled site, but would much prefer it in addition to this one, rather than as an outright replacement.

Keep in touch!

--Tony
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »
Glad to hear from you, mate!  What a beautiful bride... the two of you make a very handsome couple.  Best wishes to both of you in all of your endeavors.

Thanks Tony, she's a tough cookie too; can handle some pretty full-on bush treks and workouts :)

I love the idea of a Wiki-styled site, but would much prefer it in addition to this one, rather than as an outright replacement.

Yep, an addition only!  ...guided by members such as yourself.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Lone_woLf

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • GOING SANE
Re: website changes
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 10:30:04 AM »
well good, I am glad you are going to make changes to your website that will make your website more interactive. I was tempted to go to the other website to write about my progress (yes, I finally begun...week two of general Paleo). But I like the culture here more. The design of it, the intimate setting--so few people posting compared to the other means to me that we are busy being outside with nature and just checking back instead of being cavepeople at our computer all day. So I'll not do that; and instead I await your changes, Matt.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

--Marianne Williamson

Offline Caveman D

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 08:33:50 PM »

Glad to hear from you, mate!  What a beautiful bride... the two of you make a very handsome couple.  Best wishes to both of you in all of your endeavors.   :)

Firstly Congratulations on getting married! and secondly Congratulations on 2 years of this wonderful website.
You were a major inspiration to me 10 years ago when i met you and even more so now!
We have obviously crossed paths again for a special reason,this is what i believe wholeheartedly.
It blows me away how you have so eloquently described this awsome way of life(diet & excercise)...IE As i said in my text i have been eating this way for approximately 18 months!! I've gone from loving sausage rolls and a high fat,high sugar diet(how gross) to loving only foods with "life" in it these days.The first two stages of your caveman diet was exactly how I did it!!!!
Basically i listened to my body and got the results,I've gone from 110kg obesity to a trim,taut and terrific 80kg which is goal for my height 6'2...AND never felt better in my life!!

I fully agree and relate to everything you say about the diet! even as i type this i still find it hard to believe that i can honestly say i can very happily eat a plate full of vegies these days,infact not much makes me happier(food glorious food) lol love my vegies!!

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »
I think these are the only pics of Matt without some "scruff". Kinda weird.

I also noticed that he hasn't been on since I came back...
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 09:42:03 PM »
Yeah, he's been pretty scarce around these parts lately.  I know how it is, though... sometimes a guy just gets headed in a different direction for a while.