Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: I'm gonna give me hand at this  (Read 6623 times)

Offline gigemtrev

• Cub
    • View Profile
I'm gonna give me hand at this
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »
I'm all in on this lifestyle change. I'm a former college athlete trying to get back to form (or as close as I can). I'll try and talk my wife into this as I know things are a lot easier when you have an accountability partner. A year and a half ago I lost 35 pounds, my mom passed, then put it all back on over the last year or so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I will update as often as I can.

-TJ

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: I'm gonna give me hand at this
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:06:14 PM »
Read through the old posts there is lots of useful information there :)

Welcome to the tribe !

Offline gigemtrev

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: I'm gonna give my hand at this
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 01:47:02 PM »
My second day on it. I'm so hungry! I've been grazing on hard boiled eggs and strawberries. Ate two hard boiled eggs and six strawberries all day as my graze. Gonna eat something really unhealthy tonight until I can't eat another bite.

Offline Johnathon

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 01:57:51 PM »
Stick with it.... it gets easier and the hunger does pass after a few days, it did for me ;D

Offline gigemtrev

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 07:22:16 AM »
I ate my feast meal, really unhealthy meal of course, and I felt (and still do) like CRAP! I was on the toilet all night and just sooooo nauseous. I was able to make it through my workout, though I didn't feel like I was able to give 100%. Is this usual? Is this the effect that these nasty, greasy, disgusting meals are supposed to have on you to teach you a lesson and make you crave healthy foods? If so, it worked swimmingly last night.

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 06:29:35 PM »
Ha!  Yes, remember I ate pizza one night and almost slipped into a carb coma, felt drugged.  Also remember eating 4 fried chicken breasts and sitting on bowl all night.  Even last night, had a crazy dessert loaded with cool whip and other crap...was on the bowl all night and almost puked at Crossfit today.  But when you reach a goal, you can afford to have a cheat meal now and then.  Just keep after it...these feelings, emotionally and physically, will pass.  Got your pm and responded so keep me updated!  Best of luck and stay focused!

Offline gigemtrev

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 10:16:37 AM »
Today is Day 5

I've lost 5 pounds and my pants feel a little lose. Physically and mentally the first two days were very hard and takes a lot of mental toughness. My feast meals have actually been relatively clean after the second night disaster where I was sick as a dog after eating a cheeseburger and chili cheese fries. I just feel more energized and lighter on my feet not being weighed down with grease and overeating. Will update more next week or so.

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »
Great job and keep updates coming!

Offline gigemtrev

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »
Almost been at it a month. It's day 23...

Stuck to this diet really strictly, with a few mishaps here and there. I'm 12 pounds down and feel so great. As soon as the calendar turns to November I will jump start into phase two 100%. Since I am working out first thing in the morning, I find myself so hungry during the day. I'll usually just graze on a handful of berries or pecans. For lunch I'll have a grilled chicken strip from the night before or something to keep myself from going to McDonald's during my lunch hour (which I've done twice now). All in all, looking great and feeling the power! Here's to phase two!

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 02:40:36 AM »
You're doing great.... Keep it up :)

Offline DaveR

• Cub
    • View Profile