Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: First day of a new living  (Read 6167 times)

Offline Gomez2012

• Cub
    • View Profile
First day of a new living
« on: September 15, 2014, 07:19:30 AM »
I am excited but yet nervous too with starting this new type of eating. I know that it will be best in the long run for my health and general living.  I have lost to lose...so here I go, but do have one question.  Am I able to make a smoothie in the mornings for a drink?

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: First day of a new living
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:26 AM »
If it's just made from fruit and veg , then yes that's fine :)

Welcome to the tribe !

Offline Gomez2012

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:27:06 AM »
Sometimes it is just hard to drink just water in the morning.  I can for the first couple of glasses but then want something different.  So just trying to figure out what else to switch things up.   Thank you for all info

Offline Gomez2012

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 08:32:04 AM »
Well day one went pretty well for my husband and I.  I was very surprised as to how well we did but what surprised me the most was at dinner time.  Here I was so excited about being able to eat and I couldn't eat as much and the bonus was when my husband went for seconds and couldn't finish it and push his plate away.  He would have never did that before, so this is great.  Today I am going to start back at the gym after being off from the summer.  So hoping for the best and to get my mind focus on going once again. 

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 06:09:15 PM »
That is great as the stomach is starting to shrink but make sure you endulge on all your favorite "garbage" foods as your body needs to learn to reject them.  Keep up the good work!;)

Offline Gomez2012

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 12:43:27 PM »
Well day two went pretty well and I even exercises some too.  I am meeting with a trainer tonight to come up with a work out plan so I am excited about it.  He did make me think or wonder as he asked me how many calories I take in a day.  I didn't want to tell him that I am doing the Caveman diet, so I just said around 1200 calories.  He said oh well you will need to be eating around 1500 calories. I said okay but yet thinking there is no way.  He said you have to put fuel in your body.  I am still doing my thing during the day and then eating in the evenings.  Haven't been eating the really bad stuff like I should be though but I am trying.  Now today, I have been fighting a headache as I would always have a Coke in the morning so I haven't had one for the pass three days.  Still fighting forward though, and my husband is doing great and I am still amazed with the pushing back of the plate. 

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »
Lots of people get headaches when they start this diet, but drink plenty of water and push through it :)

Offline Gomez2012

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 12:03:20 PM »
Well day three went very well but had moments where I was just thinking about food and I'm thinking to myself what is wrong with me.  I push through it and did well, still having some little pains in my head and I'm sure it's because of no sugar.  I have been very please with myself and surprised at the same time as to how well I am doing so far for during the day.  Last night we had breakfast for supper and I fixed little pancakes and I only had two and was satisfied with what food I had on my plate and no seconds either.  I did get a work out planned too and I am excited to start it too.  I did weigh this morning and since Monday I have lost 4lbs, so I was excited about it and with seeing results too.  I am also trying to think about things now before I eat or make sure that I am really hungry before I just eat now too.  Thank you for letting me share daily for this first week especially.  I'm sure I will slow down come next week and just post weekly. 

Offline Gomez2012

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 10:21:10 AM »
Well I completed day four but had a very large meal more than I have ate all week.  So when I weigh this morning my scales was up but I'm not letting it get me down and I am going to keep moving forward.  Tonight will be trying to not eat as much but the Chinese was so good last night.  Happy Friday and weekend to all...staying positive!

Offline Gomez2012

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
Well it is Wednesday and so far this week hasn't been to bad for me but I did have step back over the weekend.  So a few pounds came back on as I was celebrating my son's birthday.  I did wait until the evening for my feast but I believe I did a little too much of the feast was my problem.  So Monday was back at the gym and doing well but just drop a little of the weight but then gain, so I would say because of going to the gym since I am lifting weights too.  I do feel better even though it is a slow process for me to get use to and I know when I have did the wrong thing too as my body screams at me.  Well hope others are doing great and having a great day.