Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Stage 1 - How long should I go?  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Mariie90

• Cub
    • View Profile
Stage 1 - How long should I go?
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:14:42 AM »
Hello All!

I just started this diet on Monday (so this is Day 5) and I want to lose at least 40 pounds and even more would be great. I'm 24 years old and currently 187 pounds (weighed on Monday) at 5 feet. Two years ago I was between 140 - 145 pounds and would love to get back to that weight again as I had so much more energy and felt tons more confident in my body image than I obviously do now. Of course I know I could lose more than that as I'm only 5 feet tall but it's my starting goal.

So my question is, wanting to lose around 40 pounds (at least), how long would should I stay on Stage one? Or does it matter, as long as the end results are to a healthier lifestyle (Stage Three)?

Oh I do work out between 3 to 4 times a week, mainly cardio (elliptical and treadmill).

Thanks!

Offline Mariie90

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Stage 1 - How long should I go?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 10:27:58 AM »
Also, while going though some other posts I see that it's also mentioned you can eat boiled eggs, small amount of chicken and/or veggies. Is this true?

I only ask as I'm not a big fruit person but I've strictly been eating fruits and almonds these past five days. My fruits have been mainly grapes and apples. Had half a plum the other day but wasn't too fond of that. So if it's OK to add veggies then I would be nice to add at least a handful of maybe broccoli or cauliflower to my strict daily intake.

Thanks again!

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: Stage 1 - How long should I go?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:26:06 PM »
It's ok to have veggies if you want...... Try and have a good selection of different colours of fruits and veggies so you get a good mix of nutrients / vitamins etc.

The point of stage one is to get you sick of eating junk food, so make sure you have plenty in the evenings. Your body will tell you when it's time to move on.

Nicki