Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Day 1 stage 1  (Read 6829 times)

Offline x9weasel

• Cub
    • View Profile
Day 1 stage 1
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:07:09 AM »
Hello all, 48 years old 200lbs, just found out my bad cholesterol is dangerously high, never been this heavy before. Time for a HUGE change. encouraging remarks will be appreciated
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:15:13 AM by x9weasel »

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: Day 1
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:15:38 AM »
Hello and welcome :)

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Day 1 stage 1
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 05:45:19 AM »
Welcome and congrats on starting a new way of life!  First off, it is scary when your cholesterol is very high but that may be attributed to genetics.  It is hereditary but that doesn't mean it can't be lowered as it can.  Obviously, you want to keep your feasts in stage one a bit cleaner than others so no heavy saturated fats(fried chicken, loads of cheese, etc.).  Incorporate olive oils with salads or pastas but not too much and never fry with olive oil because I believe once cooked at a very high temperature, it loses it's good qualities.  If you had a high fat diet prior to getting cholesterol checked, your triglyceride levels(fat in the blood) may have skewed the results a bit, fasting or not.  What was you HDL and LDL levels?  Message me if you want to chat but you have come to the right place and this diet will help you more than any one if have seen.

Offline x9weasel

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:50:05 AM »
Day 2 stage 1, following as close as possible, brought a cup of almonds and an orange to work, drinking water all day, no money in wallet so I cant sneak a snack at vending machine, Determined to make this work

Offline treasure pius

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 09:14:03 AM »
you welcome, believe me you will enjoy this life style, just keep pushing like the rest of us.

Offline x9weasel

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 05:57:48 PM »
Day 7 stage 1, minor set back yesterday, ate junk felt horrible,  :(need to get back on track

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
Don't be too hard on yourself.... It's actually useful if you slip up now and again, because it reminds you why you are doing this !