Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: First week of Stage 1  (Read 37399 times)

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
First week of Stage 1
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »
Well, as a former college football player and someone who has been in great shape, I knew I needed to make a change as my weight has been hovering between 272-280 pounds for past several years.  On the road all day with work and stumbled across this website.  The info makes sense and all the diet principles I have learned in the past are now a thing of the past.  Have been carrying around almonds, blueberries, raspberries to graze and drink 2 gallons of water per day.

4/28 start date: 276 pounds
5/1(mid stage 1): 267 pounds
Cardio- 25 minutes for past 2 days before "feast" to get body into thermogenic state

9 pounds in almost four days have left my body and I know most is water weight but everything makes sense.  Excited to see progress over next couple weeks before stage 2
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:18:32 PM by Storm5 »

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: First week of Stage 1
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 03:27:56 PM »
Wow.  So I just had my "feast" of 2.5 slices of pizza and small salad...I just felt the effect the carbs had on me.  I literally felt euphoric and then lethargic within 15 minutes of meal.  Sat on the couch and it was like drugs were running through my system.  Had to take dog for a walk as I literally felt like I could fall asleep right there.  It was probably the strangest I have ever felt after a meal.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Gotta say, I now understand how we need to see how our bodies react to this crap.  No more pizza for a while....need to clean it up and feast on proteins like chicken(even fried) to see how that effects me. 

Guess I am a carb "addict" after all

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 10:55:03 PM »
Yes.... Whenever I give in to those carb cravings, I always feel rubbish after :(

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 04:43:36 PM »
Well, finished first week and down 10 pounds.  The hardest was the first 3 days as I have been drinking diet soda religiously for years and stopped completely.  I had pounding headaches and dizziness but i was able to fight through it and I do not drink any caffeinated beverages now...finally!  I find myself not craving the junk anymore and I don't need to graze as often, which is good prep for stage 2.  Added on a scrambled egg for breakfast with blueberries as I couldn't wake up and hit the almonds up right away.  Eating those all day is enough and an egg gives me a sense of normalcy.  Week 2 has started and going to keep doing 4-5 days of cardio to keep thermogenic state.  Even though I am eating much less, my energy is increasing and sleep pattern normalizing without use of pharmocologic assistance.  Water is strength and i make sure I drink every 30 minutes as it is helping clean my system after years of carelessness.  Will probably not stay on stage 1 for more than 2 weeks as I think the weight loss may start to plateau but will not know for a few days.

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 04:42:30 PM »
Well, I have started week 3 of stage 1 and will be moving on to stage 2 next week but want to make sure the cravings are completely gone, which is happening.

Starting weight on 4/28- 276 pounds
Starting weight on 5/12- 260 pounds

Been following guidelines religiously and enjoying my feasts which have varied from clean foods to garbage foods.  I am at the lowest weight in 7 years and have bought into the Caveman diet 100%.  Grazing saves me, energy is up and feel like I am getting in tune with my body.  I understand the effects of high carb meals, high fat meals, etc..  This will only get better but 16 pounds in 2 weeks keeps me motivated.  Also, along with cardio 4-5 days a week, trying to keep active during downtime.

Will update next Monday to see if I can get in the 250's which would be incredible!!!  Will make sure this weekends feasts are relatively clean to ramp up to stage 2.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 11:06:18 PM »
Thank you so much for giving us an update........ You've done incredibly well since you started !

Looking forward to hearing how the next stage goes for you :)

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 08:05:59 AM »
Thank you so much as I truly appreciate it as well as your advice.  More updates to come;)

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 05:17:41 AM »
Well, it is time for stage 2 to begin as results have plateaued a bit but happy nonetheless.  My feasts were not clean at all which I hoped they would be but needed to make sure I was in control.  I think this week will be a hybrid week so technically week 4 of stage 1 as I want to do 4 days of paleo feasts and 3 days of normal feasts.  I realize this is the max number of weeks for stage 1 is 4 so I am going to take advantage of that as I am craving clean foods.

5/12- 260 pounds
5/19- 258 pounds

So I am down 18 pounds in 3 weeks and 2 pounds in the last week when my feasts were carb heavy.  Will see how this hybrid week goes but excited and going to store to pick up my organic meats and vegetables today.

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »
Well, just thought I would check in while I had some downtime.  This 4th week has been a true hybrid week as I had 3 days of grilled chicken, asparagus and carrots for dinner and 3 days of normal meals( turkey meatballs w/ wheat pasta, grilled chicken wrap, turkey meatballs w/ no pasta, just sauce.  My weight is down to 254 pounds from 258lbs last week.  So overall, down 22 pounds and loving life.  Everyone has noticed and some asked if I was ok..lol.

More to follow

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 05:34:58 AM »
Ok...so Memorial day is over and ended it with a steak, baked potato, and some ice cream.  On to stage 2 and will still keep 2 days of normal feasts as my body seems to be doing fine for now and have not hit plateau.

Start date
4/28/2014- 276 pounds
5/12/2014- 260 pounds
5/27/2014- 251 pounds

So in summary, have lost 25 pounds in a month and feel incredible!  Doing cardio 5-6 days a week in the morning on an empty stomach.  I remember my nutritionist in college said I would burn more fat doing cardio on empty stomach and it seems to be working.

Going to be starting CrossFit in next month to start building muscle and improving cardio.  This diet puts others to shame and there is zero reason to even look at another book or website or fad diet.  This is the real deal.

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 08:13:45 AM »
Well, week 1 of stage 2 went well and still had 2 normal meals w/ dessert and stepped on scale today and am sitting at 248pounds, down 3 pounds from last weeks 251 pounds.  Knew results would slow down a bit but happy nonetheless.

4/28/14- 276 pounds
5/12/14- 260 pounds
5/27/14- 251 pounds
6/02/14- 248 pounds

5 weeks and down 28 pounds...more to come.

Offline treasure pius

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 09:02:29 AM »
CONGRATS TO YOU, 28LBS IN 5WEKS. HOPE TO GET THERE SOON

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 04:58:55 AM »
Well, another week of stage 2 down and it has been even more eye opening.  Have had feasts either without carbs or even with baked potato.  Body rejecting things for example, we used to let our 3 yr old eat chicken nuggets for dinner until I tried one.  I spit it in the trash can because I couldn't believe how nasty it was.  All I tasted was salt and fillers so I started the little one on gluten free, all white meat nuggets which taste much better and making sure she eats as healthy as a 3 year old old can eat.  My success has rubbed off on my wife as she is pregnant and has cleaned up her diet as well.  We used to have pizza once a week but neither of us craves it anymore.  Sticking with cardio 5 days a week and grazing, but grazing less because appetite is naturally suppressed.  Anyway, here is latest update:

4/28/14- 276 pounds
5/12/14- 260 pounds
5/27/14- 251 pounds
6/02/14- 248 pounds
6/09/14- 242 pounds

Down 34 pounds in 6 weeks and it shows as none of suits fit as I am swimming in them and jeans all need smaller belts;)

Offline treasure pius

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 11:31:55 AM »
Congrats

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »
Figured I would update a bit earlier as I am away next week but went to doctor for checkup today and to get blood work results.  6 month change in cholesterol - went from 194 to 115 total cholesterol, BP down from 153/90 to 123/78, and weighed in at 238 pounds.  So i am down 4 pounds from Monday and even had a normal feast of chicken tenders and broccoli Wednesday.  Been 10 years since I saw 230's:)!

4/28/14- 276 pounds
6/13/14- 238 pounds

Down 38 pounds with updates to come but was also thrilled with cholesterol and BP reduction.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 01:15:32 AM »
Those are really great results...... Does the doctor know you're eating paleo ?.... Or are you just ' dieting ' ?

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 05:59:31 PM »
I told doc what I am doing and was actually fascinated and kept asking questions as he is not in the best shape.  His NP said she was amazed and wanted to read more about what I am doing.  In our conversation, I told them I eat mostly paleo meals but not 100% as I still have normal meals a couple nights a week but keep it paleo 5 meals and normal 2 meals...give or take a meal. 

It turns out that I have a gluten sensitivity and working on eliminating gluten from diet altogether.  Family came by today and said I didn't even look like the same person and not to get too skinny(annoying but I get it).  My wife was quick to tell them I was 210 pounds after I was done playing football in college and that is my new goal.  Need to start lifting more as my arms, shoulders, and traps have gotten smaller but that is because those muscles were covered was fat.

I am so grateful I stumbled upon this website, bought into the principles, and applied them.  Willpower has won the battles and the war.  Again, will update in 10 days when I get back from travels.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 02:52:52 AM »
^^^^^ LIKE ^^^^^^

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »
Well, back from business trip and kept it up while away.  Even had some cocktails 2 nights but managed to eat pretty paleo but I am still a believer in minimal carbs.  For example, had a burrito last night with only double chicken, double peppers and onions- no cheese.  I even had a small dessert 3 nights since last posted and to have that sense of normalcy.  Was curious to see how weight would fluctuate but here is latest results.

4/28/14- 276 pounds
6/13/14- 238 pounds
6/24/14- 234 pounds

Broke the 40 pounds mark of weight loss!!!!   Down 42 pounds!!!  So I am on track to reach my goal in next couple months or so as weight keeps coming off as my body has become a thermal machine.  Activity is a must as I cannot sit around and make it a point to do little things like parking further away at the store, walking the dog more, etc..  Have added some hard boiled eggs to regimen of almonds and berries but only eat when I feel hungry or exhausted from activity.  People don't recognize me at times anymore or are just utterly shocked- well, I recognize myself every time I look in the mirror now when before I hated what I saw.  For the first time since college, I am happy, healthy, and excited to continue my journey.

Next week vacation at the beach and well deserved/ needed.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:23:37 AM by Storm5 »

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 03:57:22 PM »
Back from vacation and gained a pound...will be gone by tomorrow as all I did was relax, eat, swim, and relax more.  Surprised that there are so many people who posted about starting the Caveman diet then disappear.  I have started CrossFit and weight is no longer huge issue as i am "all in" with diet so will be back in a few weeks or when I hear of others success.  Weight will fluctuate as muscle building has begun so need to just go by clothes and appearance. 

Best of luck to all newbies and to all who "disappeared", I know how difficult this diet is but if you don't give it your all, defeat is inevitable.  Get back on the horse, jump into stage one, enjoy everything you crave and get after it!

PS- feel free to pm me if you need some advice or best practices as I am here to help.

Offline tombelljr

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 12:54:45 PM »
Great job Storm5! I was just looking over the site and saw your weight loss log. It inspired me to sign up and figure it is worth a try. Thanks!

Offline gloversguy87

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 10:28:47 AM »
Well done Storm.

Most of the newbies seem to go straight away. I am still here but figure not to post to often. Have finished week 1 of the diet and week one of alpha T25. Will report in a week how I'm doing.

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 02:25:22 PM »
Great job Storm5! I was just looking over the site and saw your weight loss log. It inspired me to sign up and figure it is worth a try. Thanks!

That is fantastic Tombelljr!  I kept such accurate reports as my goal was to track my performance and hopefully, inspire others to give it a shot.  It seems I accomplished both;)!  Best of luck with your journey and feel free to pm me if you have nanyang questions or need advice or even if you are struggling.

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 02:27:27 PM »
Well done Storm.

Most of the newbies seem to go straight away. I am still here but figure not to post to often. Have finished week 1 of the diet and week one of alpha T25. Will report in a week how I'm doing.

Yes they do, which is unfortunate but it is the reality of dieting.  People have to want to change and put in the time and dedication to get it done.  Best of luck and keep me updated!  Also, start your own thread after week 1 or 2 to track your results like I did.

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 02:31:22 PM »
Well, been almost 2 weeks since my last update and still going strong.  2 weeks into CrossFit and my body is super sore but I am already getting harder.  My current weight is 231 pounds and would probably be 5-7 less if I didn't add CrossFit and start taking paleo protein powder as I know I gained muscle.  Again, gonna always be checking in and will update in a couple weeks.  Again, this diet has become a way of life and yes, I have cheat meals but as long as they are sporadic, I am in good shape.  Best of luck to all newbies!