Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Where should I start?  (Read 2847 times)

Offline HoleInOne

• Cub
    • View Profile
Where should I start?
« on: February 15, 2014, 02:50:13 AM »
So I am thinking of swapping my Protein diet to this but don't know where to start?

I have lost 3 stone (was over 14st now just over 11st and am 5" 7) since last year but I really want to lose body fat now rather than weight.

My diet at the moment is protein shake and whole earth peanut butter mid morning with chicken/tuna salad with a few cashews/walnuts at lunch then another shake and peanut butter afternoon and the fatty red meat(steak/mince/burger/fish) with broccoli and mushrooms.

You can have a cheat meal once a week on this but obviously don't go to silly

I go to the gym at 6am 3 times a week and then do a 50/60 mile bike ride most Sundays

I'm thinking just to start at stage 3 so I can graze on the fruit (I don't have any on my protein diet) and nuts and then without the shakes it's not far off where I am now (need to swap the fatty Red meat to lean)

I think this will fit better into my life with my early gym starts and bike training than my protein diet?

Any advise/tips?

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I start?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »
Wow! I am just wondering how much strain must your kidneys be suffering! Think the reason protein gets a bad reputation (causes kidney problems) is because of such crazy ass diets man... How are you not constipated day in day out????

Everything in moderation. Eat clean, train hard.......you will see results. Balance your meals and get your macronutrients in check! Work on the 40/40/20 equation and you will see miracles happen... This is insane man lol

Good luck though  ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:48:00 AM by BrownCandy »

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »
Agree with Browncandy...... Your poor kidneys !......this way of eating is natural foods only, so the protein shakes will have to go.....yes I would start at stage 3....... For your fruit stick to 50 % or more red berries! great for anti oxidants :)

Offline HoleInOne

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 12:47:54 AM »
I guess the 5ltrs of water a day help with that   ;D

Ok so I better go and stock up on my fruit then and starg this next week.

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »
Just forget the gimmicks. Eat natural wholesome foods. My biggest tip to you would be, eat fresh and chew all your food. You can eat plenty of protein still but with added vegetables & some fruit, you will have no gap to fill with all that other crap. Trust me! You will feel satisfied.