Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Settling down into Stage 3  (Read 3506 times)

Offline cowley

• Scout
    • View Profile
Settling down into Stage 3
« on: December 30, 2013, 03:10:55 PM »
Just an update. I did stage 1 and 2 religiously. I lost lots of weight, felt better than I have for years, and started stage 3, aka the rest of my life. To be honest, I initailly struggled to want to eat properly. But I've now settled into a new regime of grazing, feasting, and my weight and appetite have stabilised. I exist on about an 80% paleo lifestyle, which as Nicki recommends, also works for me.

I've settled at 14 stone 7 lbs, down from 19 stone, and I chat non stop about the caveman diet to whoever will listen.

Stick at it guys 'n gals, its changed my life! Good luck  8)
Humpty Dumpty was pushed!

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: Settling down into Stage 3
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:24:43 PM »
That's a fantastic weight loss !

One thing I would suggest now is find some new recipes, as getting bored with your regular ones can lead to picking up the wrong thing from the fridge !

:)

Offline cowley

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 05:19:24 AM »
I've just got 'The Paleo Diet' by Loren Cordain. Very informative plus lots of lovely recipes. Plus I've got a picture of the 'old' me on the fridge. It keeps me away from the wife's chocolate lol  :D
Humpty Dumpty was pushed!

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
Oh man! So thrilled for you Cowley. Well done.

It's been really hard for me. I put on weight instead of losing. I can only think of one reason.....that I was already on a low carb diet and had lost weight before this and therefore, my body was readjusting. Annnnnnnd I was eating way too much during my feasts!! I am however starting to go backwards on the scale again. One thing I struggle with is going without brown rice. I have since found out that I am possibly gluten sensitive so I eat paleo 80% of the time (no wheat/bread/cereal/pasta etc). Problem is I train hard at the gym & play sports.....it is therefore impossible to go without starchy carbs. I try potatoes but I end up eating too much of that when I cut the brown rice out. This has been really challenging but I adopted the warrior style diet and starting to learn out again. Think I can see a single pack of abs peeping through lol.

I need tons of help/work to cater to my own lifestyle as this is just it for me now. Never looking back. I tried falling out this lifestyle and ate during the day, I got sick! Food no longer agrees with me in the daytime. Even though I spend most of the day in a fasted state, I do get all my calories in in the night during my feast. I am not starving. At the moment I am following stage3 & cutting, so I'm on the low calorie thingy! Some days are tough as I try not to eat anything during the day and only eat paleo at night. When I'm really starving and tempted, I have a bag of almonds or latte and that gets me through a 20hr+ fast.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:33:51 AM by BrownCandy »