Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Ready to go!  (Read 4335 times)

Offline CNCwell

• Cub
    • View Profile
Ready to go!
« on: December 22, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
So I have been on this site several times over the last year. This past week I decided to quit thinking about it and take the leap. I am 6' tall and 265lbs. I am looking for the extra energy and the health benefits of this way of life. Any advice or personal stories would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: Ready to go!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »
Be determined, but it's ok to slip up !

Read as many of the old posts as you can, and remember you can adjust the stages a little if it suits you better !

Keep posting.

Nicki

Offline CNCwell

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 04:49:07 PM »
So day 1 is in the bag. It was a bit harder than I thought to fight the urge to grab a burger. I found that disappointing. Mainly because it disgusted me that I have allowed myself to become so dependent on that crap. Other than that I had water, fruits and nuts until my dinner feast. I do have a bit of a headache from the lack of caffeine but I figure I am closer to getting rid of that addiction now than I was this morning so I resisted the urge to have a coffee. 

I carbed it up for dinner. We had Alfredo and sausage. I can say that my stomach has already began to shrink. I ate a normal portion and felt overly full. We will see if that lasts. I think the next two days are going to be crucial to my success. I will need to double down and focus on clean living.

Offline CNCwell

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 05:36:38 AM »
So day 2 was tough. I found myself getting very hungry around the noon hour, and all I wanted to do was hit a burger joint. I was able to fight that off by getting some beef jerkey and hammering down. I did eat the entire bag. After that I was ok until dinner, where I feasted on Tuna Helper. "I'm going to type this because it will be relevant later to anyone reading this thread." I really enjoyed all of the cheesy goodness in the tuna. I also drank a ginger ale with dinner and it was delicious. I felt more alive and satisfied after eating that meal than I had in a long time. It was border line euphoric. I couldn't believe that in less than 48 hours one of the statements on this site had already come true. I was tasting food in a way that I hadn't in a very long time. It was glorious. Day 2 with no caffeine.

Day 3 was Christmas, and I cheated. I had a cinnamon roll with the kids for breakfast and snacked on pretzels a couple of times during the day. I then had lasagna for dinner. The funny thing was that I felt like crap most of the day. I decided at that point that I was done with the indulging and  needed to get serious.

Day 4 was so much better. The headache from the lack of caffeine was all but gone and I wasn't getting nearly as hungry. I started to get more energy and I could feel my body getting adjusted to this new way of life. Dinner that night was my favorite. Buffalo Chicken Wraps. I would normally have eaten 3 of them with a huge plate of fries but this time it was different. After eating one I was done. I ate less than 10 french fries and I didn't want to eat that anymore. Instead I sat at the dinner table with my family and ate the shredded cabbage and carrots we stuff in the tortillas with the chicken. I didn't realize I was doing it until my oldest daughter asked me if something was wrong with my food. At that point I realized that my body doesn't just need this reset, it wants it! I am looking forward to what lays ahead. This has been a great decision.

P.S. I have lost 4LBS since my journey began.........

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 07:29:34 AM »
^^^^ big likes......well done :) ^^^^^^

Offline DraginWifeByHair

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 08:32:37 AM »
If you stay strong and stick with it. You will see big changes right away, but huge changes in week 3.

Offline TommoG4

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 09:27:28 AM »
CNCwell,

I'm new to the site today and would like to join you on your journey to a healthier, happier lifestyle.

I have read a few testimonies on the site today and can honestly say I am absolutely sold on the Caveman Diet/Lifestyle. There are so many success stories and the honesty among the Caveman family is backed up by support from the entire community.

Here's to health, happiness and support.

I look forward to your updates!

TG4
***Yesterday, you said tomorrow!***

Offline CNCwell

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 08:23:14 AM »
Welcome TG4! I look forward to reading about your progress!
It has been awhile since my last post so we will fast forward to week 3.

My wife joined me full bore last week. Having her hold me accountable has made all the difference in the world. She dropped 5lbs in the first week and was very happy with the results. I was doing very well throughout the week sticking with the lifestyle changes, but my issues came on the weekends when  I was at home and had all of the processed foods within arms reach. So, to combat that we cleansed the kitchen on Sunday and went 90% Caveman with our food selection. What a change that has made in just 2 days!

As far as I go, things are well. Getting past that first 10 days was key for me. I am at the point now where I have to remind myself to snack a bit during the day. I have gotten into a routine of waking in the morning, eating a Mandarin Orange then drinking a 24oz glass of water. After that I really don't have the urge to eat until the evening. I have reduced the coffee to one cup each morning when I hit the office and have not had the 3 pm slump in the last 7 days. I am going to stay on Phase one for another 1-2 weeks so that my wife and I can move on together. This is day 2 of week 3 and I am down 11lbs! Had I known that getting back the basics of human needs would have been this enjoyable I would not have waited so long to get started. 

Offline TommoG4

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 02:27:24 AM »
Hello Tribe!

So, my first update since starting the Caveman Lifestyle....

I'm on day 9 of stage 1 and finding it fairly straight forward with grazing through the day when required and feasting at night.

I must admit though I did have a cheat on day 5... I had a bacon roll at breakfast. My wife isn't taking to the caveman way very well so for my own safty I caved and made her a breakfast. It would have been rude not to have joined in just a little.

On the bright side, I still lost 3lbs in my first week. And that was with no exercise. I'll be starting back with my DDP Yoga tonight so no doubt the weight will fall off and my fitness will begin to increase again.

I must say I am happy with the Caveman way so far, but I'm kind of forcing myself to eat "bad food" at night to get it out of my system. Even though I do feel worse for it afterwards.

Might only need another week on stage 1 before progressing.

TG4
***Yesterday, you said tomorrow!***