Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Advice - reached a plateau already!  (Read 4530 times)

Offline JFJ

• Cub
    • View Profile
Advice - reached a plateau already!
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
Hi im on week 3 of phase 2 after completing 2 weeks of phase 1. So far i have lost 17lbs however i seem to be stuck at 13stone! I haent been drinking water but have substituted green tea. I have started jogging just a mile or so whilst i build up my fitness twice a week and also go to the gym twice a week. I thinking breaking the barrier of 13 will be a massive boost for me but i just cant seem to get there! its not as though i can eat any less plus i dont think i can manage much more exercise as i will defo lack the energy.

Any ideas for me to bust through on this??

Thanks in advance!

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: Advice - reached a plateau already!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »
Can you list what you eat in a typical day giving the actual amounts?

Offline JFJ

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:29:05 AM »
Im on phase 2 so fasting during the day. I drink green tea.

Here are some the things I have been having for tea...

A big bowl of homemade butternutsquash soup (all natural)

Homemade bolognaise or chilli (again all natural and no kidney beans)

Basa or Haddock with veg

Im wondering if my body is going into starvation mode or whether the weight loss is just going to slow down.

Cheers

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »
That doesn't seem like too much, like you say could be your body thinks there's no food coming in. I would think about moving onto stage three...... Just small meals during the day and a moderate amount for your feast. Also think of ways to increase your exercise levels even by a small amount..... Like taking the stairs two at a time or taking a quick walk round the block at lunchtime.

Can you remind me of your height and current weight?

Offline JFJ

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 12:52:48 AM »
Thanks Nikki

Currently 5ft 8in and 13st.....aiming for 11st 7lbs - 12st.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 03:04:51 AM »
Yeah I think the weight you're aiming for looks about right.

How do you cook mainly....... Grilling or frying?

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 11:46:31 AM »
Just my 2 cents. If you are trying to lose weight, you need to workout what your BMR (basic metabolic rate) is first. Be sure you understand exactly what that is. There are tons of tools to use and don't get confused. So your BMR should be your basic calorie limit that your body needs just to function. Let's say you were in bed all day, those are the calories YOU NEED TO EAT per day regardless of your diet e.g a 5''7 female weighing 143lbs would need 1400 calories to be alive. Then you need to add 500 calories if you exercise... From that you need to decide whether to stay at your daily calorie needed to lose weight or add a little more and workout 4-5times a week to lose weight. The way it works is, calories in equals calories out.

I think what you are doing is either eating too many calories, less protein and less good fats or eating way too little........that is below your daily calorie need and so your body shifts in to starvation mode and hanging on to every ounce you put in your mouth. You need to balance your macronutrients really well. Less carbs. Regardless of what diet or lifestyle you are on, calories play a very important role in weight loss and weight gain.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:50:09 AM by BrownCandy »