Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: smoking  (Read 4316 times)

Offline chris

• Cub
    • View Profile
smoking
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:12:53 PM »
this might sound funny, but i was wondering, if this way of eating will put you more in touch with your natural instincts etc, for food ,do you think it would help a person to also not want to smoke cigarettes anymore?

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
Re: smoking
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:34:32 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if eating in a more paleolithic manner would help curb the desire to smoke.  However, I believe exercising regularly would be an even more effective deterrent.  Basically, I don't think a person can continue to both smoke (at least not heavily) and exercise with any intensity on a regular basis.  Something would have to give... either you'd quit smoking (or smoke considerably less), or quit exercising.

Probably why you don't see many people light up after running a marathon...   ;)
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
if this way of eating will put you more in touch with your natural instincts etc, for food ,do you think it would help a person to also not want to smoke cigarettes anymore?

Yes it can, and possibly will.  I still hook into the home grown tobacco, but not whilst I'm training.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline OilDude

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »
That's one area I need to address I quit for 3 1/2 years and foolishly started again,but here's to better days

Iain

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 05:56:30 AM »
I've dusted this old one  off from 2009.

I did the same thing as Ollie, lately though, I am feeling less of a desire to smoke. Is anyone else feeling like this?