Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Beginning  (Read 22800 times)

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
Beginning
« on: September 28, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »
Hi all! I am going to try this diet for about 3 months then re evaluate my progress.
Here are some stats about me:   male 6ft 1inch, 218 pounds, exercise about 3 to 5 days a week.
My goal is to be at 195 healthy energetic and stronger.

Today 9/28/2013 I am on Stage 1 day 4.
I don't get that lazy feeling after lunch now. I used to eat large meals for breakfast and lunch but now
that I just graze lightly on fruit and vegetables through the day, I feel a little more energetic. I drink a lot of water, almost a gallon a day.
I like Stage 1 because I can eat whatever I want for dinner. But I am already starting to crave healthy foods in just 4 days.
I will post updates Weekly to track my progress.

I need suggestions on what i can snack on during the day. So far I have had apples, oranges, beef jerky, small salads.
Yes I have read the part of the website where it mentions this but just want to know what are you all eating.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: Beginning
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 11:52:10 AM »
Small piece of cooked chicken/ turkey / pork or hard boiled egg :)

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 06:12:21 AM »
It's day3 for me and it's so much easier than I anticipated as I tend to have low blood sugar and get very hypoglycemic with bad symptoms... For a while I believed I was diabetic (doctors running all types of tests)! Anyway, I've only been having very small amounts of mixed nuts and one very small apple a day. Today I've had next to nothing and feeling pretty well. I went to the gym on day2&3 and I was shocked at how much energy I had... I actually enjoyed training on an empty stomach.

I've stayed clear of all kinds of supplements including protein shakes. Stage 1 is fun. I haven't had much junk food but I've been eating large amounts of normal food including gluten free bread and brown rice... I feel I have been over eating because I get cramps... Still yet to workout portion sizes and learn to stop, not listen to my cravings... Tonight I am, however, going to order in some junk as it's important to get it out of my system... Look forward to it and I feel that, this will be the meal to break me. I will not look at junk food the same way again after tonight! I've since noticed that after eating something bad, I straight up want to throw up... It has to be done.

When I start stage 2 I wanna be super healthy and super fit! Reason I'm not junking stage1 out so much is that I was already on a cleanse for a week prior to this. So I've already tried to rid my body off bad foods and cravings... I'm super excited and cannot wait to be clean and regain mental and physical power... My life is ready for a good change! I want to be like Nicki in 3yrs time and say hey, I've stuck with it and I am better for it! I'm in it to win it! Goodbye flab/fat/illnesses!

Tahlita
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:18:16 AM by BrownCandy »

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 09:24:35 PM »
Well I know I should start stage 2 after 2 weeks minimum of stage 1. But I feel like I need to really step it up a notch already. I will start stage 2 tomorrow. Today 9/29/2013 was day 5 of stage 1. Im not going to lie I cheated today and ate some stuff I should not have. Starting tomorrow I will do stage 2 for 1 week. If I think I can keep going then I will. If not, I will return to stage 1. I will update by friday.

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 10:54:41 PM »
You do know that stage2 is water ONLY during the day right? And no junk at night? Just veggies, meat, nuts & fruit? Only add carbs (from root veggies) if still hungry?

I feel you ought to be properly prepared and ready! Doing stage1 very well has its benefits... It pays off! You don't have to eat junk on stage1 at all. Like me, I am applying the WARRIOR diet rules where you just eat healthy from the start but eat everything (don't eliminate bread/rice/potatoes so soon).

Don't feel you need to rush this... It is a lifestyle change, therefore, it is important to go through all the emotions of if too... Like babies, they can't run without crawling & taking those important baby steps first... They'll only trip and fall!

I always say to people, like any goal in life... You study/research/equip yourself with knowledge first then do things properly the first time around. Because otherwise we set ourselves out for failure if not better prepared and with better understanding of the "ifs and whys".... Just my two cents! Good luck man!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:42:22 AM by BrownCandy »

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »
Well my move didn't work out so well. I actually ruined my diet on the 2nd day of stage 2. So now my trial and error phase I call it is done. I will definately go back to starting stage 1 and sticking to the plan. It is true about having a strong foundation. I see myself in the mirror and already have started seeing improvements. I haven't stepped on a scale recently to check my weight but maybe in a couple of days i will.

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »
sorry for a late update.
my weight now is 210.
I do see results in my fat around my stomach but not enough yet to be satisfied with. I have to keep this diet going.
Honestly I am trying to follow this diet the best that I can but I am probably doing a 75% job on that.
Even though I am not going 100% I am still losing weight! I like it so far.
I thing I do notice now is that I do crave more fruit and more water now.
I still drink beer and soda. Also other foods I am not supposed too but like I said I am trying not too.
I am also trying to quit smoking cigarettes...
Right now I am technically on Stage 1 Day 4.
I will try and update next Friday.

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
upset
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 10:16:02 PM »
 >:(
I am disappointed with myself on how I let my self go these last couple months!!
I lost track of my goal and gained weight.
I didn't follow my diet and dug myself in a hole.
My weight is now 222.2 pounds!
Day 1 Stage 1 starts tomorrow!
This time I will stay motivated and follow this plan 100%!!
My goal is 195 pounds.
Making a promise to myself...stay 100% on this diet till 195 pounds is reached!!!!!!!

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 05:49:37 PM »
Update
219.6 pounds
drinking a lot more water
smoking a little bit more cigarettes to stop thinking of big meals during the day
drinking beer tonight, don't really want to but a few wont hurt

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 02:53:32 PM »
Update
213.4 pounds

Drinking 5 cups of water/day...need to drink more.

cigarettes smoking is the same 6-8/day

Loving the fact I can eat anything for dinner!

Breakfast: Big cup of water
Lunch: Small piece of Beef Jerky with apple/orange.
Dinner: Until I am full!!  Whatever I want!
Snack: 1-2/day small piece of beef jerky

Becoming easy day by day.

Sometimes I eat Full Lunch instead of Dinner. But keep it to 1 big meal a day.

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
Update: 215 pounds.

I gained weight.

This week I did not go by my diet.
3 days I had 2 full meals.

Water intake was low for this week, will increase next week.

Cigarettes intake the same.

Dinner eating till full.
After today I will drink water with every meal. I have been drinking soda and beer, but will not have any this coming week.

Offline TommoG4

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 07:15:15 AM »
Hi DocPerez,

I am new to the site and the Caveman Diet.

Are you still using the Diet as a means to lose weight?
Did you reach your target weight?

Regards,

TG4
***Yesterday, you said tomorrow!***

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
Why am I doing this to myself
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »
Update: 200 pounds.
Sorry for my disappointment.

I gained weight AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since my last post I have not been on any form of healthy eating and exercising.
I am going to quit smoking. I will limit myself on alcohol. Stop myself from eating any unhealthy foods except when allowed on this diet.

OK THIS TIME IT IS GOING TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again Day 1 week 1...

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 10:58:18 PM »
These set backs happen, don't be too hard on yourself...... They do remind us why we're doing what we're doing , so keep strong !

Find a photo of you looking at your worst and stick it on your fridge !

Nicki

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
Nicki is right. It takes a while and it is hard. Don't beat ourself up so hard. Once you are in the right frame of mind and mentally prepared, you will find your weak point or weakness and learn/know how to avoid them... It took me a good old sweet time to be able to get to stage3!!!

Now come on, dust your a$$ up.......let's go :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:11:41 PM by BrownCandy »

Offline DocPerez4210

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 09:11:41 PM »
UPDATE:
BACK AGAIN
220 pounds I workout about 4 days a week.
Today was day 1 week 1. Back on this roller coaster, I know it will work if I stick to it.
Had beef jerky for light snacks.
Ate enchiladas for dinner, I think I ate too much because my stomach feels super full. I think it will hold me down for tomorrow.
Still smoking 8 cigarettes a day.
I actually got more accomplished today at work since I just had light snack for lunch.
CURRENT WEIGHT- 220
TARGET WEIGHT -  185
TOTAL LOSS    -    0

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 11:24:22 PM »
Hello and welcome back :)