Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: How long do I do the diet for?  (Read 8264 times)

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
How long do I do the diet for?
« on: September 26, 2013, 06:02:13 AM »
Hi everybody, I have read so many topics and gathered some wonderful tips! I'm on day one of the diet and I feel alright provided I have a cold... I take Vit-C pills hope that is okay? Following my previous diet I lost some weight. I seem to have now hit a wall and won't lose anymore fat/weight... and would like to lose an extra 3kgs. My aim is to build lean muscle mass and have that toned look... I am 5'7 Female 60kgs in weight. So I turned to this diet after finding out about the "Warrior" diet from my previous cleanse...

My main question is, is this a lifestyle or just a short term diet? I've heard that maximum was 3 months (minimum 6 weeks). What do I do after this? How do I go back to normal eating habits without putting on weight again? Has anyone been doing this for a long time and have no health issues or not losing muscle mass?

And oh, I see other people take protein shakes for their workout sessions. Is this allowed? I have zero energy for the gym and feel very light headed during my weight sessions I nearly passed out! So, I have to eat something for my workouts. I am avoiding bananas for a while.

Thanks for your replies.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:22:21 AM by BrownCandy »

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: How long do I do the diet for?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:04 AM »
This " diet " or eating plan can be done as long as you like...... Think I'm somewhere around the 3 year mark now. I didn't have any weight to lose though. Remember all you are doing is eating what your body is designed to digest. Just natural foods, nothing processed or man made so your body breaks it down easily. That's why I'd say no to protein shakes. They contain a lot of artificial stuff.

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:56:02 AM »
Oh wow! 3 years huh?!! Well I guess I'm gonna have to stay clear of the whey protein for at least 3 months then see how to increase recovery protein intake during/after resistant training... It is very important I find other alternatives....otherwise lifting weights will slow my progress without any whey protein & rights carbs/amino acids... I want those mean ABS  ;)

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 10:25:31 AM »
Although we've never seen one, it's fairly safe to assume cavemen were very fit and muscular/ toned, and they all ate paleo.Taking in protein shakes may get you faster results but it's not natural food. You have to decide whether you want to get your results faster or more naturally.

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »
Nicki, you are such a wise woman! Truly appreciate your help with this stuff! It's all so exciting for me. Starting weight is 60kgs. I don't weigh in everyday but will try weekly and report back!!!! Ta x

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 06:22:45 AM »
Day 3 weigh in comes in at 59.2kgs.... Even with all that binging, the weight is starting to shift so quick? Must be the workouts??? I'm losing water weight I'm sure. But it's all positive! Happy!!!!

Offline cowley

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 11:06:17 PM »
The results are quick, or it was for me at least. That's what got me so hooked on this. Keep at it and you'll feel amazing as well! Its been like being reborn for me.

Congrats and keep at it  ;D
Humpty Dumpty was pushed!

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
Thanks Steve.

Well today's measurements were a little disappointing... Although, I do feel bloated and a little fat. So it adds up! I am not really expecting to lose that much weight whilst on stage1. So for the next 3 more weeks I will just graze on 1 helping of nuts at lunch time and some berries late afternoon then a normal portion healthy meal in the evenings after gym. I am happy if I stay where I am until stage2 where the "cut" will actually happen and hoping to shed loads...

All in all it's been a fairly challenging ride when it comes to cravings/snacking. Skipping breakfast and ignoring hunger has been surprisingly easy most days - completely shocked! Thought I was gonna cry and ask for my mama LMAO! Loving the alertness and bountiful energy. Enjoying my exercises more too. It's a great feeling!

This is definitely my life. It was made for me. I'm upset it's taken me so long to discover it. But I'm here now. That's what matters!

T

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 05:53:01 AM »
It's day 8 and a half. I am able to fast all day with at least a single helping to small bits of nuts in the afternoon then eat a well balanced meal at night. I am still not managing to eat as much as I would like. Not sure what is wrong with my tummy... I think it is now genuinely small and therefore should not force all the food I want to it in one sitting. Might have to spread my meal and increase my feeding window... I can't wait to start losing weight I think I am almost ready for stage2 but will see this through for another couple of weeks still. My sweet cravings haven't gone yet. I am starting to fear that they may never go! Damn you sweet tooth!

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 03:11:01 AM »
On my second week of stage1. I have actually gained some weight during this stage... But I look slimmer. Muscle mass perhaps? Not sure! I have decided to actually do the next week or two clean and mimic stage2 by eating nothing in the day and eating sensible in the evenings. I will only keep stage2 short when I get to it... My jeans definitely fit better and people are starting to notice ;D

I truly love this way of eating. I have no care in the world worrying about meals and what to eat during the day especially whilst busy working or on the move. I am never looking back!

Cannot wait for stage2-3.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:08:58 PM by BrownCandy »

Offline cowley

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 01:13:34 PM »
You're sounding really up-beat about the whole thing, which is excellent! I constantly go on about it. It just makes you feel fantastic doesn't it?

Nice to follow your progress. Keep up the good work!  8)

Steve.
Humpty Dumpty was pushed!

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 01:34:00 AM »
Thanks Steve. It is also people like yourself that keep some of us ticking along...

Week 4 - stage1... I feel fantastic. I am not yet shifting the weight but I am starting to see muscle definition. This is possibly partly because I train a lot and do some weight training. So no doubt I am putting on muscle mass.
To be honest I am not too crazy about what the scales say if I see some results and look better. This way of eating has definitely cured my irritable bowel syndrome and I no longer get those terrible symptoms. I am sure my gut is thanking me right now...

Stage 2 starts next week. I am pumped! I do not feel it will be hard at all. I am already a pro when it comes to meal choices and what not to eat. Slowly weaned myself off carbs end of last week and did not even miss them.

Look forward to a complete change of life. Feeling healthier and performing better. There are hard days but I'd say, more easy days than hard ones.