Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Caveman diet for women  (Read 13563 times)

Offline Ecoamiga

• Cub
    • View Profile
Caveman diet for women
« on: October 21, 2008, 06:06:40 PM »
The more I read about this the more it doesn't seem to fit with a woman's body, metabolism, etc.  I am posting this to be convinced otherwise, however.  I need more guidance, maybe.  There is not much information about diet and what to eat, except starving yourself all day. 

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman diet for women
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:21:28 PM »
In the three phase diet, there is only one part (phase 2) that says not graze/eat continuesly. And that portion is specifically for detox. Phase 3 (the everyday diet) says to indulge any cravings of paleo foods you have. Me, I've only ever done phase 3 and still have had great results.

Now I only follow the basics guidelines of the paleo diet (I love my dairy...) but I eat pretty healthy and still manage to get the 5000+ daily calories I need to make it thru the day.

From what I've seen women respond even better to taking out all the processed foods, carb heavy grains, and pastas then the guys do while relying on fats for energy...

What part of the diet do you think doesnt fit with a woman's body?
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 04:25:37 AM »
Hi Ecoamiga  :)

There is not much information about diet and what to eat, except starving yourself all day. 
Precisely... it's the spirit of the diet that's important i.e. teach a person to fish instead of giving the person a fish.  I have outlined the essentials only, rather than a regimented program.  Starving yourself all day (as you put it) is one part of the diet only, it is a transitional phase.

The more I read about this the more it doesn't seem to fit with a woman's body, metabolism, etc.
Can you elaborate on this?

I am posting this to be convinced otherwise, however.
I'm not interested in convincing anyone (it's a free website and I have nothing to sell, nor are there any ads or sponsors), however I am interested in learning more.... so if you can bring some new evidence to light, I'd be happy to discuss it.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline rsg1024

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 05:03:21 AM »
If you have not tried this yet I highly recommend that you do. Even if it is for one day! I am now on my third day and I can already feel the change my body is going through. It is very rewarding to know that I am not putting alot of junk in my body that only makes me feel bad. This change ( I don't want to call it a DIET) is simple. And you get rewarded everyday by eating whatever you want at the end of the day. (I usually eat around 5:00) I do not feel deprived by eating nuts and fruit throughout the day at all. Actually I feel satified all day! It's quite amazing. I recommend this to anyone that is tired of trying "every diet" like I have. It has been along time since I even made it to the third day with any other diet! (I get bored to easy). So give this a try and let me know what you think! GOD BLESS!

Offline Phanatic

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 04:16:23 AM »
You don't even have to believe it. Just try it properly for a couple of weeks, give it a fair chance. This page:
http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/317/
explains why digestion is an energy-intensive process, and why eating small amounts of light food like fruit during the day is a good idea. You don't starve, you're just eating foods that don't take much energy digesting.

Offline rsg1024

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 04:23:09 AM »
I replied last week to the women who was concerned about this diet not working possibly for women and I am EXCITED to say that I am now on day 12 and have had no problems staying on this diet! I feel like it was the diet made for me... finally! lol My daughter introduced this way of eating so that it would not only help me to detox my body but also help me lose weight. And I am PROUD to report I have both! I recently turned 44 on the Oct. 24 weighing in at 168.7 lbs. I felt disgusted with myself. I started this on Oct 27 and I'm PROUD to report that I weighed in yestday morning at 162 lbs. YEAH!!!!!! ( I only weigh in on Wednesday and Sunday mornings.) In no way have I felt deprived. Quite the opposite. Not only am I not left hungry but I have felt an energy that I have not had in years. I feel like I have energy to give away!  lol IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!  GOD BLESS!

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »
I feel like it was the diet made for me... finally!

Ditto that  ;)
"Be true to your biology"

Offline gsc5483

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »
The only thing I may report on cave diet is to exercise too.  I think you have to exercise to improve your diet.  It may take months before you can control the urge to eat all the time.  However, it will come and you will notice that your diet will change autmatically with what foods make you feel good to eat during the day.  I stil have my sugar binges and cravings I go ahead gain a few pounds and then for the next few weeks I get back to business of heavy exercise ad dieting.  Sooner or later you will have a pretty normal diet that makes and lets you feel good about yourself and the work you have been doing everyday.

Offline SallyisRad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 08:48:02 PM »
I've been doing the diet for almost 2 weeks now and I LOVE IT.... I think it was totally made for women!
except my boobs have definitely got smaller  :(  but so has my stomach!!!!!   

Offline youngmiki13

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 01:20:22 AM »
Hi, I am thinking of starting on this diet, but I was just wondering of the down side of this diet? I mean, there are some diets that would compromise your hormones hence you will have pimple breakouts right? I heard that there are diets that can also ruin your teeth. I don't want to risk having cavities or weak teeth. Thank you...

Dentists Richmond

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 08:23:42 AM »
This is a healthy lifestyle based on human evolutionary physiology, not a diet.  The only "down side" is that initially breaking one's addiction to eating the way modern humans eat can be challenging.  If you're worried about weak teeth (or bones) due to a lack of calcium, just eat plenty of the right leafy greens (broccoli, spinach, etc.).  There are also a number of us that continue to consume dairy products.  Or, take a calcium supplement.
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 08:31:00 PM »
The only "downside" is trying to explain your new diet to people who don't know about it.

Add what's with the link at the bottom of your post after questioning about teeth and cavities. Seems a little fishy...
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline youngmiki13

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 11:24:52 PM »
This is a healthy lifestyle based on human evolutionary physiology, not a diet.  The only "down side" is that initially breaking one's addiction to eating the way modern humans eat can be challenging.  If you're worried about weak teeth (or bones) due to a lack of calcium, just eat plenty of the right leafy greens (broccoli, spinach, etc.).  There are also a number of us that continue to consume dairy products.  Or, take a calcium supplement.

Ok. thank you very much for your time..it seems that it would be ok for me to try this new lifestyle. Again, thank you. :) I just hope I have the self control to stick with it...