Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Caveman log - I am going to become a beefcake! :D  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Beefcake

• Cub
  • Beeeeefcaaaake!
    • View Profile
Caveman log - I am going to become a beefcake! :D
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:02:03 PM »
Hey Everyone!
  Today is my first day on the forums and tomorrow is gonna be my first day on the diet!  I am using this post as a tracker to help me tell where I am at.

Day 0:
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 180 LBS
BMI: 26.6 (Its not accurate, but at least it tells me something)

I'm trying to lose my stomach.  I figure starting with this would help.  I also want to try "detoxing," because I have heard that you feel better and more energetic.  Wish me luck!
Jake

Offline AllAmerican

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman log - I am going to become a beefcake! :D
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:04:27 AM »
From what I understand, drinking water and keeping yourself in a catabolic (fat burning) state is its own detox, making you sweat and piss out all the nasties in your system, even the fat soluble pollutants. As far as I know green tea, which is full of cleansing antioxidants, and cranberry juice (a natural diuretic) are still on the list and they are great for flushing you system. However, try to stay away from the concentrated juice... 'real' juice has more fiber, vitamins, and good stuff while the conc. stuff is glorified sugar water... the same goes for the tea, its better to brew it at home with a little raw honey then to dose up on all the refined sugar and potassium sorbate in most store-bought bottles. The biggest piece of advice I have, though, is exercise. I don't know the studies offhand to quote, but the mind is the most important part of a workout. Turn work into an exercise... instead of complaining about the backpack you carry around school, embrace the resistance and view it as conditioning  ;D