Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: The global economic depression.  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
The global economic depression.
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:00:30 AM »
In this time the maker is the revolutionary. As we slide deeper into what's being now called the 'greater depression' I suggest we consider this collapse is also the renaissance in disguise. If you're tempted to savor what was: money, consumerism and greed, consider how little life it contained.
Source: http://blog.holyscraphotsprings.com/2008/09/greater-depression-renaissance-finding.html

It's hard to get excited about the notion of a renaissance without being saddened by the fallout that will inevitably impact upon innocent people everywhere, particularly the sick and elderly.  Humanity is on a collision course with disaster, and I don't think it can be stopped, but I do think that civilisations can rise from the ashes and learn from it's mistakes, ushering through a new age of reason - rather than Mercantilism and Feudalism disguised as freedom.

Now is a good time to brush up on those caveman (subsistence) skills; growing vegetables, fishing, trapping, bush medicine, carpentry, sewing, instinctive eating, conversation, etc.  These things may not be a necessity, but they will empower us with greater adaptability... a key attribute for all living species.

I know who I am; I am an animal, I am a living organism that is programmed to breed and self-actualise, I am indigenous to planet earth, I am homesick and detached from the bosom of mother nature - this is something i've felt deeply my whole life.

Months ago I wrote a poem to express my anguish:

And living in a Brave New World,
marching towards our barren desires,
we descend to our deepest despair.

We are nature's creatures, the stuff of miracles,
hosts to ancient feelings of love;
squandered in dreams of utopia.

Lest we forget the smile of a child,
or the touch of a lover, content and delirious.
Forget not the tenderness of mother nature;
endless in love, relentless in grace.

Let us recall, such moments of truth,
defining our lives in whispers of passion.
And let us return to the parlour of love,
to greet our contentment.

I believe we actually will return... one day.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Tobias

• Cub
  • YOHIMBE!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The global economic depression.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 01:46:58 AM »
Matt that was truly beautiful in both form and sentiment. How well you fit the form of a noble savage. I do hope I have the opportunity to read more of you work.

Should the worst happen we may witness and experience events of the greatest magnitude, the stuff of ancient epics, glories and tragedies not experienced in generations... "I hope you live in interesting times."
YOHIMBE!!!!!

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 02:30:29 AM »
Thanks Tobias  :)

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:54:12 PM »
I don't think we are gonna have the economic crash everyone fears. This is just a bump in the road, wait and see. Hell, today was the best day in the history of Wall Street...

But if everything does come crashing down, we're looking at a new dark age. And I would definetly call the dark ages an "interesting time".
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 05:31:35 PM »
I don't think we are gonna have the economic crash everyone fears. This is just a bump in the road, wait and see. Hell, today was the best day in the history of Wall Street...

But if everything does come crashing down, we're looking at a new dark age. And I would definetly call the dark ages an "interesting time".

True, it could end up shifting the balance of geopolitical power, without necessarily going into a global depression.

Devin McAfee

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 12:42:41 AM »
Whatever comes in the future, I am prepared. I welcome the challenges in my life, for I am sure I will succeed and my genes will progress through whatever hard times I may encounter. I am a caveman, to the civilized world, I say "Bring it on."

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »
Whatever comes in the future, I am prepared. I welcome the challenges in my life, for I am sure I will succeed and my genes will progress through whatever hard times I may encounter. I am a caveman, to the civilized world, I say "Bring it on."

You might like this short film;

[youtube]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxBizeiL3s[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxBizeiL3s