Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Hippocrates of Cos - "The Father of Medicine"  (Read 6969 times)

Offline Tobias

• Cub
  • YOHIMBE!!!!!
    • View Profile
Hippocrates of Cos - "The Father of Medicine"
« on: September 11, 2008, 10:16:12 PM »
Although I know its not exactly paleolithic, perhaps a look over the work of this ancient practitioner of the healing arts might be a good step in that direction. He is far less removed then we from the ways of our tribal forefathers, and dedicated his life to the accumulation and development of many archaic medicines. To his fine collection of learned knowledge we might also wish to add the discoveries and practices of ancient china and the practitioners of Ayurveda.

I myself am quite a novice in this arena, if anyone is versed in the fields Ive mentioned or in their own brand of traditional food and herb based medicines please share your wisdom.
YOHIMBE!!!!!

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Hippocrates of Cos - "The Father of Medicine"
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:52:38 AM »
He is a Neolithic  :P

However, I like his scientific (aka realistic) approach to healing.  He rejected superstition and used his brain, at a time when mysticism was popular...  which in itself is worthy of applause.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Tobias

• Cub
  • YOHIMBE!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 12:00:38 AM »
Yeah  ;) i know he is a few thousand years removed from a cave man, the trouble is however, those noble savages didn't leave a written record for us to enjoy.  :-\I consider Hippocrates and the other sources I've mentioned as perhaps come of the closest links we have to this ancient, almost instinctive knowledge, if nothing else it may provide a good source of reference and as we consider both our discoveries of ancient medicinal practices and learn of more modern practices, something of a bridge across the ages.

Just a thought   8)
YOHIMBE!!!!!

Offline Phanatic

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 04:57:57 PM »
He had a pretty important guideline - "first, do no harm" and believed in nutrition as the ultimate medicine.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 11:30:01 PM »
he is a few thousand years removed from a cave man, the trouble is however, those noble savages didn't leave a written record for us to enjoy.  :-\I consider Hippocrates and the other sources I've mentioned as perhaps come of the closest links we have to this ancient, almost instinctive knowledge, if nothing else it may provide a good source of reference and as we consider both our discoveries of ancient medicinal practices and learn of more modern practices, something of a bridge across the ages.

That is an excellent point.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline anosh

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 04:21:37 AM »
I've found that lemon juice is very dense in Vitamin C, 1/4 of a cup of lemon juice providing 46% of your RDI (not that the RDI is relevant to a modern caveman). A glass of lemon juice with some honey (antibacterial and antifungal) will give your body great capacity to ward off pathogens.
We offer best quality  *Link Removed*  test papers and  dumps materials. You can  *Link Removed*  get our 100% guaranteed questions  *Link Removed*  to help you in passing the real exam of  *Link Removed*