Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Off to Denali, Alaska for the next month!!!  (Read 6167 times)

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
Off to Denali, Alaska for the next month!!!
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:51:34 AM »
So BigKhanz is headed north for an Alaskan Adventure. I won't be on much for the next 3-4 weeks. I am going to be helping set up the family hunting lodge for the season, heading to the mountains for some hiking, and spending a good deal of time with some friends of the family who are members of a nearby native tribe. This looks like it's going to be a hell of a trip. I'll keep you posted and take lots of pictures.

BigKhanz
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
Re: Off to Denali, Alaska for the next month!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:19:46 PM »
Good journey, friend... looking forward to some stories upon your return.

8)
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 11:19:06 PM »
All the best mate, hope you have a great time.

Would love to see some pics!
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Phanatic

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 03:53:30 AM »
Sounds like it'll be a great time, have fun and tell us all about it.

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 04:36:48 AM »
Well, the 24hrs I have been here have been great so far!

I found a MMA/Jui-jitsu gym less then 30 yards from the Bed and Breakfast I'm staying in, and have got everything set up to teach while I'm in town!!! (one of the instructors saw me fight a couple of yrs ago and vouched for me).

I live on the beach in south Texas. It was 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) warmer where I live IN FEBURARY(deep winter) then it is here in summer. I prefer hot but what can you do?

My mother's property and new house has had a lot of problems, and we believe that the damage was caused by a Kodiak. So tomorrow, I am going BEAR HUNTING with A.J. who is very good friends with my mother and Step-Father. A.J. is also a member of one of two native tribes in the region(the one that isn't Eskimo...) and will be taking me on the Yukon River Speed Boat Race this weekend. The race is around 800 miles and begins on the 3rd in Fairbanks.

If I manage to get this bear, bith Matt and Tony are getting a claw and steaks!!!!

I'm really loving my life right now.

Khanz
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 08:09:13 AM »
Glad to hear you're having such a great time!  Life is beautiful.

If I manage to get this bear, bith Matt and Tony are getting a claw and steaks!!!!

I'm flattered, BK... and drooling.  Happy hunting.   ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 10:33:06 AM by Tony Bondioli »
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 05:24:51 AM »
Well, it seems all my pics are too large to attach here so Im going to upload them on my myspace and my facebook and you can see them there. You can look me up by my email address mecklend@hotmail.com
or at myspace.com/bigkhanz Ive got a couple hundred pics there up so far.

But to give a teaser: I got a close look (30yrds) of a Grizzly and I got to eat wild mountain blueberries I picked on top of a mountain while hunting for black bear with a view of the White mountains that took my breath away. Sadly no black bear were killed int the making of this amazing memory. But there is still hope.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 05:27:22 AM »

That could be the highest compliment you could ever pay to another caveman  :)

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 11:22:02 PM »
Ive got a few hundred great pics but I can't put them on here for the most part. But here's one of my favorites

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 11:21:38 AM »
...here's one of my favorites
Awesome :o