Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Unexpected Workouts  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Joe

• Cub
  • Sacramento River
    • View Profile
Unexpected Workouts
« on: July 05, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »
He is a good story about my Family’s 4th of July.

My wife has recently joined my caveman food habits, after seeing the effects and doing a bit of research of her own. So we prepared some local veggies, fruits and Salmon for a barbeque at the water front to have some fun and watch the fireworks.

We get there 3 hours early and parking was already completely full. I ended dropping off the family and all of our supplies, parked at the other end of the boardwalk and did a brisk 2 mile walk-jog to get back, all down hill at a 6% grade. No big right? After all, we SHOULD park a good distance away whenever possible. (see BigKhanz’s post about parking http://www.cavemanpower.com/forum/empty-t205.0.html )

After the fireworks, I didn’t want to leave my family in the park at night. So I packed muled it back with all our of our supplies, about 55lbs in total. Yep UP the 6% grade this time.

Not that this was a major feat but here’s the moral. A month and a half ago, that would have killed me. Yesterday, I barley broke a sweat. Always be on the lookout to put in that little extra effort. It’s a great way to reward yourself for the hard work your doing and come away excited.

Eating right, combined with high endurance workout every weekday, and I have to say, CAVEMEN ROCK!!

Stay healthy!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 07:39:22 PM by Joe »
I would rather be born with luck than skill; You can always acquire skill.

Offline HelderLuis

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • Fitness Fat Burning
Re: Unexpected Workouts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 04:25:17 PM »
This another proof that a gym is not fundamental, with a bit of imagination we can turn some of our activities into workouts, that's our best gym.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Unexpected Workouts
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »
Nice work mate.

I love those type of spontaneous workouts.
"Be true to your biology"