Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Want to start Caveman Power  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Calebh06

• Cub
    • View Profile
Want to start Caveman Power
« on: June 30, 2008, 01:35:01 PM »
Ive been looking at several sites with information on Paleo type diets. I spent most of this afternoon reading through this one and it seems to make the most sense to me. I have decided that I would like to start changing my eating habits and I think Caveman is the way to go.  I did have a few questions though. I noticed many of you spoke about snacking on sunflower seeds or beef jerky during the day. I am wondering what types of those you chose to eat.I assumed that when it came to sunflower seeds and Jerky that you do not choose the fancy flavored variety that can be picked up an any corner store. I'm wondering where to find snacks. 
         I also noticed that one idea of this new way of eating included portions of fat. I was wondering what others choose to eat to get their helping of fats.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Want to start Caveman Power
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 11:18:43 AM »
Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found this website logical... it makes sense to me too  :P

Personally, I don't eat a whole lot of Beef Jerky  - it's too salty for my liking.  But I get stuck into Extra Virgin Olive Oil quite a lot, and it keeps me full for ages, in fact i've found Olive Oil to the be my greatest tool for appetite control (control as in satiation).  Eggs are a good choice, and so too is oily fish, nuts, and seeds.  There's loads of fatty foods that are very healthy.

So if you want to stem your appetite in a healthy way, grab some healthy fats.  It will really help things along, especially if you're trying to switch to a Low GI style of eating.

I look forward to hearng more about your experiences with the Paleo way of life, feel free to yel out if you ahve any questions too  ;)
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Calebh06

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 07:22:06 PM »
Thanks for the advice, Im two days in now, I know thats not much but I feel good about things. Im interested in this Olive Oil idea, what kinds of things do you do with that?

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:54:11 PM »
Thanks for the advice, Im two days in now, I know thats not much but I feel good about things. Im interested in this Olive Oil idea, what kinds of things do you do with that?

I pour it over just about everything; salad, vegetables, meat, and sometimes I have it on it's own.  A small amount will keep you full for a long time.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline jawest1991

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 08:02:42 PM »

I pour it over just about everything; salad, vegetables, meat, and sometimes I have it on it's own.  A small amount will keep you full for a long time.

i find this to be very interesting, as i am having trouble taming my hunger, i am 4 days into stage one and LOVING IT, already starting to feel the effects of this awesome diet, but just having problems controlling my hunger, i am 6'2 246lbs and have quite an appetite, but want to do away with that, any other ideas that you think would help?

Offline cavemanDE

• Cub
  • Captin Caveman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »
Hi,
I can only offer what has worked for me. I make sure I have the correct foods available all the time. As in I have some boiled eggs, carrots nuts and other things handy at work, at home and in the truck. I like the ability to listen to my body, some days i am not as hungry and some days i am a caveman. HA HA. When i am hungry i grab a few hard boiled eggs or a handful of nuts and an apple, or some steak.

The great thing about this caveman lifestyle is that its you listening to your body, no hard rules of what exactly to eat at a specific time. It helps me to make my big meal when i am ready for it. If its lunch time or breakfast when ever, I eat until i am full and then move on.

I get Turkey and chicken breast and grill it up on Sunday and have it in bowls in the frig. So whenever I am hungry i have protein ready. The only time i ever have issues is when I fail to plan to take care of me (TCOM) If you do have a bad day just admit it and realize it was just a one time thing and start fresh the next day. Don't beat yourself up learn from it and then forget it.
Good luck.
Chris