Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Ready to go primeval...  (Read 4867 times)

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
Ready to go primeval...
« on: June 27, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »
Here's an excerpt from today's entry in my personal journal.  Names have been omitted to clarify who I'm referring to, and some details have been left out for the sake of brevity.  I thought I'd share it with 'the tribe,' as I'm sure most of you can appreciate the way I feel about this situation.  Keep in mind that I have a wife and four children (two daughters, ages 13 and 3, and two sons, ages 7 and 5-months)...

Last week, some fat, balding, middle-aged guy on a bike tried striking up a ridiculous conversation with my [13-year-old daughter] while she stood on our front porch.  Today at work, [my wife] called and told me that the dogs had just started barking like crazy, and when she looked out back a guy matching the same description was in our driveway, right outside our gate.  She looked at him, he looked at her, then he got on his bike and rode away.  I called the police, and an officer stopped by the house to get a report from [my wife].  He said when he first heard what had happened, he thought he knew who the guy was.  After [my wife] described him, the officer said it didn't sound like the first person he'd suspected, but that he still thought he knew who it was.  By the time I got home, everyone had [already gone out of town for the evening].  The officer had called and left the message that his second guess had also been wrong, and that we should continue to be wary and immediately report any more sightings of this nutbag.

Ain't that just gravy?  Here I am, trying to nix my chronic paranoia, and something like this happens.  I just hope I'm here if this fruit loop decides to drop by again.  Best case scenario, I'll ask him what he wants and warn him against coming back.  Worst case scenario, he'll wish to high hell that my dogs had torn him a new one, 'cause that'd be a flippin' Sunday school picnic compared to what I'll do to him if he tries to hurt anyone I love.

Yeah, so maybe it isn't the most "evolved" perspective to have, from a "new-agey" standpoint.  Then again, I'm every bit as "olde worlde" as I am new-agey... probably even moreso.  Them's the breaks, kid.  Sure, it can complicate life in today's society, where "the system" is more worried about hurting bad guys' feelings than it is about protecting the innocent, but it's a quality that makes me a great guy to have around when the excrement hits the cooling apparatus.  As the shepherd protects his flock, the alpha his pack, the silverback his tribe, and the chieftain his clan, so too must the father protect his children, the husband his wife.  Peacefully, if possible.  With great prejudice and noble savagery, if necessary.

Alright, that's enough literary chest-thumping out of me for now.  Feels good to put some of this "stuff" into words, though.

I think maybe I'll call [a knowledgable friend and relevant business owner] tomorrow about some home security devices.
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline Phanatic

• Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ready to go primeval...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:37:11 PM »
You're absolutely within your rights to rip him a new one, in my opinion, and I'd think you're 100% qualified to do just that. But if you want it to be bloodless, you could try some of the things that deter burglars, like "Beware of the dog" signs. Maybe even "tresspassers will be shot" or something similiar. People like these tend to take the path of least resistance. Sadly, this means they will just look for another target, but in todays world sometimes thats the best option we get.

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 12:44:13 AM »
Here is a simple bloodless solution. Go to every church in the area and speak to the minister,reverend, priest, rabbi, etc. and tell them the circumstances and description of the guy. Word of mouth will spread very fast when they warn their congregation about this. Ive seen this before.

Next call the local newspaper and get in touch with the community activist reporter. They will probably jump at this kind of thing. Same goes for the local TV news and local radio stations. One that you probably wouldn't think of is the local VFW Post (Veterans of Foreign War) and American Legion Posts. Both will be more than willing to put the word out and help someone in the community.

If the police give you the run around, talk to the local fire department. They will always listen and the will spread the word.

I would also suggest talking to your children's school teachers/principal and have them warn the other parents about a person like that. It might be the 1st time the local PTA was actually useful! ;)

Next talk to any bartenders you know at the local dives and ask them to spread the word. I know how the boys down at the local bars in a small town like to talk and how they always stand up for their own.

Screw looking to the authorities for help. Look to your community
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 11:47:18 AM »
Screw looking to the authorities for help. Look to your community

Excellent advice.

Here's another tip, let him see you taking a photo of him... that might make him a bit paranoid.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 06:26:22 PM »
Thats good advice Matt.
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline Asaahi

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 01:26:23 AM »
Man I have to say you really took a peaceful approach, and that takes a lot. My hats of to you!

I was at the market with my nephew and his mom once; and this strange guy was following us through every single aisle. He kept smiling at my nephew (in a really strange way) and I was getting a really horrible vibe. When he got a little too close, I guess my anger got the best of me and I had at the guy. We got into a bit of a scuffle and security came just as I was about to knock this guy out. Afterwards I felt I made a poor choice, only because I was setting a bad example for my nephew. When the police came by though, it turned out this guy had been seen around the shopping plaza before, and banned. Sucks that that's all they can do about people like that. :-\

But anyways I'm a thin guy (used to kickbox lightweight division), and this guy was quite a bit bigger, but I was amazed how pumped a person can get when it comes to protecting their young.

I guess whatever it takes right man. Hope this wacko gets the hell outta your neighborhood!
He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.

Offline Joe

• Cub
  • Sacramento River
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »
I would normally consider myself a pacifist.

Unless you screw with my family, then I’m the hardest mamba-jamba (not sure what your policies are for obsessive swearing) you will ever meet. Just call me Ender Wiggen in a 240lb body suit.  >:(

BigKhanz: I LOVE you advice. That’s def. using your head. And the picture tips, priceless.
I would rather be born with luck than skill; You can always acquire skill.