Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Fatty Liver - don't lose the gut too fast.  (Read 4350 times)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Fatty Liver - don't lose the gut too fast.
« on: June 27, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
Fatty Liver Disease (FLD) has hit the news lately - which is no surprise really, given the prevalence of diabetes and obesity - and it's worth noting that FLD can be induced by rapid weight loss.

Those who have switched to a Paleo/Caveman style of eating have probably found that rapid weight loss occurs rather easily, so here's a friendly reminder to avoid rushing things.  It's exciting to lose weight and feel fit and healthy, but don't go overboard and stress your body out too much.. follow the guidelines, take it easy and enjoy the process.

Eating like a Palaeolithic person is the healthiest way of life that I know of, but if you're coming from a diet high in refined foods it's wise to avoid jumping in the deep end.  Take your time, listen to your body, and work your way there.

;)
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Lone_woLf

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • GOING SANE
Re: Fatty Liver - don't lose the gut too fast.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 09:23:28 PM »
Yeah, I'm sorry, Matt but after a week or so my body wasn't having any of your diet proposal. Although it seemed to me more psychological. I would lose interest in fruits and nuts and just not eat anything until my feast time, which kept getting earlier and earlier. I think it would be better for me to just cut out one f00d group at a time, starting with sugar.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

--Marianne Williamson

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Fatty Liver - don't lose the gut too fast.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 06:26:56 PM »
Yeah, I'm sorry, Matt but after a week or so my body wasn't having any of your diet proposal. Although it seemed to me more psychological. I would lose interest in fruits and nuts and just not eat anything until my feast time, which kept getting earlier and earlier. I think it would be better for me to just cut out one f00d group at a time, starting with sugar.

Yep, that sounds like an excellent approach.  I substitute Olive Oil for sugar when the need arises i.e. smother it on all my food, rather than having dessert or bread.

Good luck mate.  Would love to know how you progress.
"Be true to your biology"