Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Workout at the beach without working out (no it's not lazyness)  (Read 7665 times)

Offline HelderLuis

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • Fitness Fat Burning
In the summer it’s when i’m in better shape, and i’ts not because i program my training to be at my best in the summer, no, that’s not the case, because i stay lean all year, i keep the fat burning all year long, but in the summer i feel better, i look better, and the reason is that i don’t workout at the gym, i workout at the beach, but without working out.

Confused ? Don’t be, i’ll explain. I don’t workout at the beach, i don’t have a program to follow when i’m at the beach, but i get an excellent workout. How ? Well it’s very simple, i spend the day swimming, diving, running in the water, sprinting in the dunes, walking around in the sand. I can tell you, that after a few days going to the beach, i have a bit more muscle, more definition, a better physical shape and a nice tan 

I’t s so much better to be doing this than being stuck in a gym, you’re at the beach living Life, enjoying Life, nothing like the ocean, the sun, the sand, the wind, you know nature has that energy and it makes you feel so good. I’m lucky to live near the beach, and the one i usually go to, has miles and miles of sand, dunes, green all around, it has the ocean and a lagoon, it’s a beautiful place, and while having fun with my friends, i’m also having a complete workout, i’m burning fat, i’m gaining some muscle, i’m living, i feel happy, and that’s very important.

Another fundamental thing is the way i eat during those days, i basically eat a light breakfast, fruit and milk, and i don’t eat the entire day, i only have a big dinner at night very rich in veggies and protein, usually fish. During the day i only drink water, lots and lots of water, that’s very very important.

You have to try it, and you’ll see your body and physical conditioning improving fast, and you don’t even know you’re working out. If you can’t access the beach, i’m sure you can go somewhere where nature rules, or at least to a nice park near you. If it’s possible don’t live these beautiful summer days stuck at home or at the gym, live Life, enjoy the summer, enjoy nature, and get fit fast without stress.

Your Health will also thank you for that. Enjoy be happy.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Workout at the beach without working out (no it's not lazyness)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »
I do a similar thing, I live near a beach and a huge national park - and i'm utterly grateful for it too - sometimes it does more than help my physically, the ocean and bush centre me and often give me clarity if I have something on my mind that I just can't figure out.  It also can be a great opportunity to detox.

In summer I bodysurf and bushwalk, and in winter I go mountain bike riding and waterfall climbing.

For me, mother nature provides more fun that any amusement park could ever do.

Sounds like you live in a nice place  :)
"Be true to your biology"

Offline HelderLuis

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • Fitness Fat Burning
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:27:13 AM »
Hi Matt

I really can understand what you mean, nature brings in a peace of mind, clarity like you say, the ocean is a wonderful place to reflect and to find your way. I also like bodysurfing and sometimes rowing, nature really gives us everything we need.

Yes i do live in a nice place :) it's about 30 km south of Lisbon., but i think Australia is really something else, in what part of Australia do you live?

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 08:39:04 AM »
I live at Umina Beach, New South Wales, Australia.

Google Map: http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&ll=-33.528746,151.307503&spn=0.061532,0.114412&t=h&z=14

Stacks of photos: http://www.cavemanpower.com/photos/

Where abouts is Lisbon?

Offline HelderLuis

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • Fitness Fat Burning
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »
Lisbon is in Portugal, the most ocidental country in Europe, small but with lots of nature and different landscapes. Our shore has about 800 km.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 01:03:28 AM »
Lisbon is in Portugal, the most ocidental country in Europe, small but with lots of nature and different landscapes. Our shore has about 800 km.

I checked it out on Google Earth... looks wonderful  :)

Offline Armleylass

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 09:27:52 AM »
Hi, we're an American family but we live in Taiwan, and we're about 45 minutes from the ocean (the South China Sea), but we take our 3 kids there on the weekends. The beach is usually deserted, so we play baseball on the sand using a piece of driftwood and a tennis ball, and we play soccer, with the sea as a giant goal post! The kids love to surf, and I like to run in the shallows! The mountains are much closer to us than the sea, and we go mountain hiking a lot. The Central Mountains in Taiwan are really gorgeous: lush and green and growing. My husband, who grew up here, shows the kids what is edible, and we see spiders as big as dinner plates! There is nothing like the outdoors, and the great thing about having kids is the fun we can have: hiking, biking, and cliff climbing!

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 05:30:19 PM »
Hi, we're an American family but we live in Taiwan, and we're about 45 minutes from the ocean (the South China Sea), but we take our 3 kids there on the weekends. The beach is usually deserted, so we play baseball on the sand using a piece of driftwood and a tennis ball, and we play soccer, with the sea as a giant goal post! The kids love to surf, and I like to run in the shallows! The mountains are much closer to us than the sea, and we go mountain hiking a lot. The Central Mountains in Taiwan are really gorgeous: lush and green and growing. My husband, who grew up here, shows the kids what is edible, and we see spiders as big as dinner plates! There is nothing like the outdoors, and the great thing about having kids is the fun we can have: hiking, biking, and cliff climbing!

I think you just described heaven  :)