Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Day One  (Read 3259 times)

Offline charlhrdy

• Cub
    • View Profile
Day One
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:49:17 PM »
Lunch box packed with all the goodies for grazing today.  Weight - 80.6kg.

I have tried many diets as so many people say.  However, whilst I don't have a wheat allergy I believe I have a wheat intolerance and always feel at my worst when I have over eaten on bread products.  I used to not eat dairy at all and that was when I felt best, so this diet fits with my needs.

Food for today - almonds, grapes, apple and dried mango as an extra if needed as my cupboards  are full of dried fruit.  I intend to eat all the undesirable products in my cupboards over the next few weeks in the evening.

I have been drinking the massive glass of water every morning for a couple of days and was amazed by the change that produces.

Offline charlhrdy

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Day One
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »
Well, day one wasn't a successful one.  I had my sisters children here and it was easier to cook beans on toast, then it became easier to eat.  So move on, won't beat myself up about it.

Offline charlhrdy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:36:07 AM »
So Day Two - much more successful day, eaten nuts & fruit all day.  Can't give up the coffee though.  Don't think I will ever give up coffee, am too scared lol.  I am trying to reduce it.  Don't have one as soon as I get up, but do have a least three at work.

Water - manage the first massive drink on a morning, but seem to forget the rest of the day.  Something to work on.

Thought I would eat everything available as soon as I got home, but not as hungry as I originally thought I would be.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 11:46:38 AM »
Yes a gradual cut down is probably best rather than cold turkey.

Offline charlhrdy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »
Day Three was okay, had chips though, was so hungry I'd eaten all my work grazing before nine o clock.  Which sounds bad, but I start at 6:15!
Day Four - had a better day, managed to stick to the grazing, however, I have introduced a small amount of meat or fish first thing on a morning.

I am primarily trying to reduce the wheat and dairy this week, next week I plan to just graze.  Suffering raging hunger on  occasions, but managing it better now.

Offline charlhrdy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 10:38:15 AM »
Day Five, managed a full graze, have feasted on Chicken Kievs, something I wouldn't normally eat, but this feast lark is making me have one of everything before I give them up in a week or two.  Wish I hadn't though, wasn't pleasant, didn't enjoy them (yes them(was very hungry)) so I won't be going there again.

I have noticed I have indigestion after eating now, not something I have suffered with since having my son.  I can only assume the level of processed foods I am eating after grazing all day is causing this.

I haven't yet achieved an increase in energy levels, although generally I do feel better.  Still struggling on the water front.  Can't remember to drink enough water, the water fountain at work is broken and the kitchen is upstairs so time to get water is limited and I hate drinking tepid water.  Tomorrow I intend to fill my water bottle up with ice cubes with the hope they will keep it cold enough to satisfy.