Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: THANKS FOR THE REFRESHING NEW OUTLOOK  (Read 9433 times)

Offline NHLFREEDOM

• Cub
    • View Profile
THANKS FOR THE REFRESHING NEW OUTLOOK
« on: May 10, 2008, 07:28:01 PM »
DIAGNOSED WITH LYMPHATIC LEUKEMIA IN 2000 AND HAVING ONLY 90 DAYS TO LIVE MY ONLY RECOURSE WAS TO TAKE THE ADVISE OF MY ONCOLOGIST AND START THE CHEMO. IT WAS A HARD DECISION COMING FROM A NATURAL BODYBUILDER STATE OF MIND AND COULD NOT BELIEVE I WAS THAT ILL. LONG STORY SHORT I AM STILL GOING STRONG FOUND THAT A POSITIVE OUTLOOK AND WITH A STRONG DETERMINATION I CAN GET THROUGH ANYTHING. i WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR SITE AND PHILOSOPHY, I HAVE WAITED EIGHT YEARS FOR THE MISSING PIECE OF THE PUZZLE TO MY LONGEVITY. CAVEMEN DID NOT HAVE THIS HIGH OCCURRENCE OF PREVENTABLE CANCERS(TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE) AND DIET HAS A LOT TO DO WITH YOUR OVERALL WELL BEING. I AM NOW 6 FOOT AND 230LBS AND SUSTAINING THIS BODY WEIGHT VERY WELL. OVER BODY FAT HAS DROPPED 5 PERCENT AND FEEL FANTASTIC. a LITTLE SIDE NOTE MY CANCER IS INCURABLE BUT LIVE ABLE DO NOT LET ANY ONE EVER TELL YOU ITS OVER UNTIL YOU ARE READY. IMMUNE SYSTEM CANCER IS A BUGGER BUT IF YOU STARVE IT BY ELIMINATING TOXINS AND UNNECESSARY CARBS YOUR BODY CAN CONCENTRATE ON OTHER THINGS LIKE BUNGEE JUMPING, KITE BOARDING AND THE FEMALE PERSUASION. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND CONTINUED KNOWLEDGE.

HAPPY TO BE ON THIS ROCK!!!    ;D

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: THANKS FOR THE REFRESHING NEW OUTLOOK
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 07:35:19 PM »
Mate, thanks for sharing your story  :)

Living life to the fullest is good advice indeed.  Thanks for the inspiration.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Joe

• Cub
  • Sacramento River
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
Thank You Matt:

I too would like to thank you for what you’re doing here. I trust that this is as much a motivator for you as it is for us to stay fit and healthy.

NHL, you’re not alone:

I have a similar story. One month after my son was born I lost complete movement of my right arm. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s and underwent chemo and radiation for 8 months. Glad to say I overcame and the use of my arm has fully returned. I have always been athletic until that effect of the cancer started and the chemo actually made me very overweight from what I was use to. I found it hard to get “back on track”.

Lazy is easy.

About 18 months ago I under went major back surgery and for various reasons could not motivate myself to get back in shape; until a month ago when I had finally had enough. I started with a no carb. plan but was seeking a lifestyle change and knew that this was not the way to go. I wondered why the lack of carbohydrates and refined sugar made me feel so good, but I just didn’t make sense that I couldn’t eat fruit.

Epiphany! - Compare:

1.   The “food pyramid”, which was developed less than 100 years ago and probably with funding from the grain companies

2.   100,000 years (or 10,000 if your religious) of genetic predisposition

Its not rocket science. Western culture spends billions to produce and eat foods which we can’t eat in the wild. Then we spend billions upon billions more to detoxify from the crap we should have never eaten in the first place. Not to mention the money in diet plans, low fat foods, drugs (both physical and physiological – both controlled by eating) and “preprocessed healthy” foods.  Is it any wonder why cancer rates, depression, health issues, and an overall lack of general wellbeing is so prevalent?

So after a bit of thought and trying to find places on the web to support my theories I found several sites that told me I was not crazy, www.cavemanpower.com being one.  ;D

I’m just baffled that the paleo community is such a small one. That, to me, is the biggest mystery.  :o
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:15:45 AM by Joe »
I would rather be born with luck than skill; You can always acquire skill.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »
Thank You Matt:
I too would like to thank you for what you’re doing here. I trust that this is as much a motivator for you as it is for us to stay fit and healthy.

It certainly is a motivator, and as well as that; it's a touchstone that assures me that there is some sanity in this crazy world.

I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s and underwent chemo and radiation for 8 months. Glad to say I overcame and the use of my arm has fully returned.

It's good to hear that.  Your gratitude is evident by listening (reading) your enthusiasm for life.

1.   The “food pyramid”, which was developed less than 100 years ago and probably with funding from the grain companies
2.   100,000 years (or 10,000 if your religious) of genetic predisposition

Exactly!

I’m just baffled that the paleo community is such a small one. That, to me, is the biggest mystery.

People are constantly being lied to by our cultural leaders i.e. corporations (marketing).  It seems the truth is not so cherished in our modern world, and I hope that changes.

Offline bodhi9

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »
Wow! What a wonderful outlook. On a lessor but related subject I came across some folks on a website that had taken a "Primal Challenge" to eat healthy foods only and to loose weight in one month. Anyway I thought you guys might be interested.
Primal 30 day health challenge.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »
Wow! What a wonderful outlook. On a lessor but related subject I came across some folks on a website that had taken a "Primal Challenge" to eat healthy foods only and to loose weight in one month. Anyway I thought you guys might be interested.
Primal 30 day health challenge.

Excellent! Mark Sisson's website is an excellent source of information.  I encourage everyone to have a look; http://www.marksdailyapple.com