Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: An I too young?!?! Please help  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Aguirre23

• Cub
    • View Profile
An I too young?!?! Please help
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:19:50 AM »
I am 15 years old, 5'5" 150 lbs. Summer is starting and I am hoping to lose a lot of weight by like mid summer, like 15 lbs. I want a six pack. I am not super strong; I max bench 135. I workout like 3-4 days a week; mostly doing a Crossfit type workout. Am I going to lose a bunch of muscle mass?!?! I don't wanna get super weak. I'd rather be lean though. I haven't grown heightwise in like 3 years so I feel like I could be done growing too so idk..... Is the weight lost on this diet usually fat loss? Or muscle? Is this diet really bad for someone my age or not so. I really want to do this. I'm on day 1.
 :)

Offline lance

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: An I too young?!?! Please help
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
Cavemen were generally larger and stronger I believe until grains and processed foods were introduced.  You will not lose muscle mass as long as you consume an adequate amount of nutrients.  Once your body is adjusted.  Try switching to leaner and leaner cuts of meat keeping a healthy amount of protein to encourage use of body fat.  Maybe every week cut out around 500 fat calories, just keep that protein up (not a ridiculous amount I mean).  You keep that protein up you'll only lose fat.  I did this diet a couple years ago for 3 months and got really cut, my bench went up from 195 to about 215 I dropped from 175 to 165 pounds in weight.  Then I went to school and said screw it, now I regret that, as I climbed up to 200 pounds and got weaker.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:56:43 PM by lance »