Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Poll

According to current stats, America is #1 in obesity.  Who do you think #2 is?

Australia
9 (32.1%)
Italy
6 (21.4%)
Greece
1 (3.6%)
Mexico
10 (35.7%)
Norway
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Obesity by country  (Read 8423 times)

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
  • Stupid is as stupid does... -Forest Gump-
    • View Profile
Obesity by country
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:47:21 AM »
Answer the question, then check out the order for obesity in the world...

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
  • Stupid is as stupid does... -Forest Gump-
    • View Profile
Re: Obesity by country
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »
Wow...nobody has the right answer yet...! lol

Offline Otter

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
we are quite porky in the UK as well, over 60% of adults are obese

Offline Mina

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 12:50:01 AM »
I have been living in Scotland and from what I understood they are the fattest of Europe. Must say it was quite shocking to see how many were morbidly obese and the eating habits. Trying to eat the same made me puke. But now living in Sweden I have to say here too  are quite an amount of big bellies!

Offline davcavd

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 12:27:46 PM »
Im surprised Italy is as lean as they are.  They way they eat I thought they might be #2.  But they are way down there.

Offline Natureman

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 01:38:58 PM »
I heard a couple of weeks ago on the news that Mexico is now number one for obesity.

"The United States has the second highest rate of obesity for large countries, exceeded only by Mexico."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States

Offline Kyle S

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 08:14:27 AM »
YAY!  GO AMERICA!!! WE'RE #2! WE'RE #2!!!!  BUT, its sad,  if you look at the population numbers of obesity, its embarrassing.  Americans, HIT THE GYM!!! PUT DOWN THE PIZZA ONCE IN A WHILE!  I am an athlete and just got a bit of a belly (25 lbs overweight), and I knew it was time for a change.  I don't know what it takes to get people to realize that it is not healthy.  It should not take your first heart attack to realize you need to do something besides watch TV... Especially since they have televisions in every gym now... No excuses anymore! Nothing against anyone here that may have gained a little too much weight, you are here trying to make a change and I commend you for that. Living healthy is such a happier life and I hope everyone at some point gets on the bandwagon.  Keep up the good fight everyone! Paleo Power!

Oh, and anyone that says it is expensive to eat healthy, go ask a doctor how much a total knee or hip replacement or heart attack costs, then think about how much you are saving over your lifetime eating healthy!
"You will miss 100% of the shots that you don't take." - The honorable Wayne Gretzky