Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Poll

What is the best time to exercise?

In the morning
13 (54.2%)
In the afternoon
3 (12.5%)
In the evening
7 (29.2%)
Before I eat
1 (4.2%)
...what is exercise?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Exercise times  (Read 10573 times)

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
  • Stupid is as stupid does... -Forest Gump-
    • View Profile
Exercise times
« on: April 23, 2012, 03:01:30 PM »
We all have different answers for this question.  What is yours...?

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Exercise times
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »
MrChris,
I say in the morning because that is what I have learned.  I only exercise at night after I eat (about 1 hour later).  The reason is because it makes that full filling go away.  I think my stomach is getting smaller and smaller because when I eat I get fuller faster.  I have also noticed that I crave veggie a lot.  I am eating veggies that were never in mind set before.  My husband is excited and thinks its wonderful, my son hates it because he is eating healthier. lol

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 01:21:08 AM »
I'm not a morning person so I prefer to do it in the afternoons. Evenings are not good for me because I have too much energy after the exercise to sleep. If I go to the mountains then I'm forced to be a very early morning (in the middle of the night) person.
I'm thinking of changing my exercise habits and start exercising in the morning. By doing so I'd be able to avoid the summer afternoon heat.
Otherwise I squeeze in exercise where ever I can. Using a bicycle instead of a car, walking, no elevators...
Cavewoman since March 8 2012.

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 03:54:53 PM »
I work Mon-Thu and get home about 5pm, so mornings and afternoons are out during the work week.  I'd prefer to workout late morning or early afternoon, but my schedule just doesn't permit that.  I guess I just need to win the lottery so I can make that happen!! ;)

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:50:19 PM »
I still haven't won the lottery yet...but I have donated to other people's winnings! lol  :P

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »
I think I'll completely change my routine back to early mornings to avoid the heat.
my body recovered enough on this diet so that I can start my usual regime which is workout 5 times per week. Three times is running and two times are strength exercises.
I actually did my first regular run since I'm on the cavemen diet. The before and after experience is beyond any comparison. Now it's just so much better.

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 03:26:30 PM »
Congrats Jana, that's awesome!  Keep it up!
I just bought a bike on bikesdirect.com  They have really cheap bikes that are the same ones you'll find in the bike stores, if anyone here is interested and the kicker is they're about 1/3 of the cost!!  ;)

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 04:55:45 PM »
When/if I move to the USA I might remember the web page ;D Some things are really much cheaper over there.

i'd like to bike. I'd probably go for trail biking or mountain biking because I don't like the asphalt (traffic) much. Until then a new running shoes will have to do. And an occasional visit to a swimming pool, if it was any closer I'd be there all the time.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
Thanks for the website!!! I have been looking at bike for a few months now.  Probably going to go with Jana, mountain bike here I come.

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 07:47:59 AM »
Good on you Scorpio!  I don't have my bike yet, but they are the same ones at the bike shops for about 1/3 of the cost and they ship them for free!  I'm excited to start biking, woot woot! hehehe  I bought a cycling computer for it also, for speed and distance kind of thing.  :D

Offline BalletHarper

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »
I prefer an evening workout, but we are about to enter our main season in southeast Texas - HOT, so I work out in the mornings even though I hate mornings.

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »
Ahhhhh, the good 'ol country of Texas...! hehehe  :P

Offline gwynn1975

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 05:10:59 AM »
I work out in the evenings right after work.. Whether I get off work at 5pm or 7pm, I head straight to the gym.. Then it's feast time after my workout. I concentrate on cardio and strength training in the same workout.

Offline mswog

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 04:51:13 AM »
There are a few answers to this, there isn't really 1 right answer.
Morning excersise: by exercising in the morning you kick start your metabolism, you should eat a very small amount before to give you that boost, but always eat your breakfast after, so your body gets used to knowing its going to get fuel after and it will allow its self to burn up more energy.

Afternoon/evening  exercise: aside from revamping your metabolism, to keep the fat burning process going over night. For a lot of people exercise in the afternoon or evening gives you a spike of energy that comes with the feel good pheramone, exercise releases. But your energy then drops relaxing you and preparing you for a more restful nights sleep.

Exercise before or after eating: there is a few answers fo this and it all depends on what you want to achieve with your body. For fat loss, always eat after, by doing this your body learns that its going to get fuel after so it allows itself to burn more fat. For bulking up, or maintainin your weight its both, you need to eat a small amount before exercise, so that your not burning the weight you already have, then also after to refuel, its also what your eating so obviously you wouldn't eat a pizza, you should be having proteins from meats birds and fish and carbs from veggies, if your trying to bulk up, also have slow release proteins, like chicken breast, tuna and even cottage cheese, is great, hav them before bed and they will slowly release and feed your muscles over night.

So as you can see there isn't one right answer. In the end it comes down to what your wanting to achieve with your body,how much time your willing to spend on exercise, and what fits in best with your schedual.

Offline Cavedan

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 02:09:18 AM »
I finish work at 15:30-16:00 so I like a good session in late afternoon after work, then have my meal to replenish and build after training at about 17:30-18:00.

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 06:02:15 AM »
Yup! Like Cavedan, evenings are the best. Also suits this kind of lifestyle... Fitness coaches and trainers have discovered that their clients build more muscle and the diet works better if aimed towards the end of the day when you've had a good workout session (stimulating all those good hormones ready to burn that feast and help replenish the body) then feed the muscle at the perfect time when the body will utilise the food to the best of its ability and not waste it. So the protein will be very important at this time... The reason this is also the best way to go, sleep plays a very vital and important role in growth/muscle building combined with nutrition. The best fasting time is morning till midday when detoxing at cellular level is at its peak!

Also, after a good exercise and a good meal, one sleeps like a new born baby... It is a cure for insomnia... I used to be one and drugs/doctors advice did not work... Until I discovered the cave-way! Not any more! I feel all brand new!

Tahlita