Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: *NEW EPISODES* The Skinny on Obesity Series [UPDATED EP.5]  (Read 6425 times)

Offline CaverDude

• Scout
    • View Profile
*NEW EPISODES* The Skinny on Obesity Series [UPDATED EP.5]
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:29:53 PM »
Hey friends,

A new series on YouTube has just started with Dr.Lustig who's a Pediatric Endocrinologist. I watched a lecture he did (found it on these boards) about the dangers of fructose and how eating junk food leads to obesity and of course, death. He seems very knowledgable and reliable.

The new series called The Skinny on Obesity looks really interesting, hope we can start up an episode-to-episode discussion on it.

Here's the first in the series titled: 'An Epidemic for Every Body':

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0zD1gj0pXk&feature=share&list=PLB9BC165392E146AC[/youtube]

Why is sugar the wolf in sheep's clothing? Find out in (Ep. 2): Sickeningly Sweet
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndTEu_qDGA[/youtube]

Ever wondered about the relationship between your brain and your stomach when eating? Watch (Ep. 3): Hunger and Hormones- A Vicious Cycle
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3TRbkIrow[/youtube]

This week goes further into discussing 'Leptin' which is the receptor in our brain that tell us when we are full. Why is modern man's Leptin broken? Find out in (Ep. 4): Sugar - A Sweet Addiction
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn1cI8FNU6M[/youtube]

This week's episode is very sad.. deals with obesity in our future- children.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of-qvDprr0w[/youtube]

BONUS EP: 4 Sweet Tips
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAqcbQByeec[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:56:58 PM by CaverDude »
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. ~ Virginia Woolf

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Skinny on Obesity Series
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 10:19:53 AM »
Thanks for the video, I really enjoyed it.  I think it is dead on what is happening.  Its just sad that so many people don't know it is happening.  I am going to start thinking more about food industries.

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »
I've figured out they don't mind putting our health at risk if they can make one cent more per unit.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
The quality of life doesn't have a marginal profit. An item does.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:23:06 AM by Jana »
Cavewoman since March 8 2012.

Offline khull

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 05:45:58 AM »
Thanks for posting the link to this it was a great watch and I have forwarded it on to fellow family and friends, whom it turns out also forwarded it. Just goes to show that we have had it so wrong for so long about sugar and fat ... I have just begun to eliminate sugar from my 2.5 year old daughters diet - was surprised by some of these kid aimed food stuffs that calim to be 100% healthy are just full of sugar. I don't understand why the guidlines aren't more strict with food labels. Alot of the fat free products stamp themselves "fat free" but are full of sugar ... maybe a new law needs to be bought in where products need to have stamped on them what % of sugar they are ... but yeah thanks for the link. Loved it. You should all check out hungry for change thats another great doco

Offline CaverDude

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: The Skinny on Obesity Series [UPDATED EP.2]
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »
Episode 2 is posted at the top of the page. This week's ep is about sugar and how the body struggles to deal with it. This one is not to be missed.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. ~ Virginia Woolf

Offline CaverDude

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: *MUST WATCH* The Skinny on Obesity Series [UPDATED EP.3]
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »
Episode 3 is at the top of the page- check it out and have a chat. This one is interesting

Offline Steinar993

• Cub
  • Me and my brother in florida
    • View Profile
Re: *MUST WATCH* The Skinny on Obesity Series [UPDATED EP.3]
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 07:41:29 PM »
very interesting! really makes you think ;) thanks for sharing ;D
No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop after eating one peanut.

Offline CaverDude

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: *MUST WATCH* The Skinny on Obesity Series [UPDATED EP.4]
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »
Episode 4 is up the top. I encourage everyone to watch from Ep 1 onwards as they build in info as the series progresses. They're getting very interesting and highly valuable viewing. Please share with your family, friends, coworkers, children etc.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: *MUST WATCH* The Skinny on Obesity Series [UPDATED EP.4]
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 12:45:05 PM »
Thanks for the video, I really enjoy them.  They make a lot of sense.