Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Nutrition: a one page outline of almost everything you need to know.  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Here is a fantastic web page from Wiki Books that describes the components of nutrition in a concise, easy to read layout.

I encourage everyone to bookmark it - it's an invaluable quick reference guide.

Check it out here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Human_Physiology/Nutrition

Additionally, I've attached (below) to this post a PDF version for you download.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline England Tiger

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Nutrition: a one page outline of almost everything you need to know.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:25:42 AM »
Thanks Matt.

Have you, or any one else (on here!) read the following:
- The China Study (T Colin Campbell)
- pH Miracle (Robert O Young)

I've just started reading the China Study. I heard about the concept of the pH Miracle book but not yet read it.

Any thoughts?

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Nutrition: a one page outline of almost everything you need to know.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 02:28:56 AM »
Have you, or any one else (on here!) read the following:
- The China Study (T Colin Campbell)
- pH Miracle (Robert O Young)

The China Study makes some interesting statements, including;
"the average calorie intake per kilogram of body weight was 30% higher among the least active Chinese than among average Americans. Yet, body weight was 20% lower."

"consuming diets high in protein and fat transfers calories away from their conversion into body heat to their storage form-as body fat (unless severe calorie restriction is causing weight loss.)"

The pH Miracle also makes some interesting statements, including;
"After twenty-five years of research I have learned that all functions of the human organism are acidic and that the ideal and optimum state of the human organism is to maintain its alkaline design."

References;
Campbell, T. Colin (2006). The China Study:The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health. Benbella Books, 266.
Robert O. Young D.Sc., Ph.D. http://www.phmiracleliving.com/

........ end ..........

I haven't read the books, but they look very thought provoking.  Based on their assertions, I'd like to see some rebuttals and criticisms from other authors/scholars/scientists, in order to get a better understanding.  I might look into these topics, thanks for the suggestion.
"Be true to your biology"