Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: New member saying Hello to Everyone  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Bazinga

• Cub
    • View Profile
New member saying Hello to Everyone
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »
Hi all. I am new and starting phase 1 today. I have been on the atkins regimine for almost a year now and have lost 501lbs but have been stuck at the same weight for 2 months so decided to shake things up and try this out. 30 more lbs to go and this system seems up my alley... Any advise for a newbie is appreciated...   

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: New member saying Hello to Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »
Have a good read through as many posts as you can, as there is a lot of good advice on here  :)

Nicki

Offline Kcj8161

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »
You lost 501 lbs or 50lbs either way that is awesome. Just finished wek one and def lost weight just not stepping on the scale for 3 more weeks. This is very easy to follow and your felling og health will start immediately. Try to be strict and success will follow. Good luck!

Offline lance

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 10:47:41 PM »
Atkins is low carb isn't it?  If so I wouldn't eat a high carb meal every day if you've been on atkins, I would keep the carbs just as low for phase 1.  But hey I'm no expert on this I just registered but I've been eating grain free for several months now and I feel great.  Remember the goal isn't just to lose weight or hit a certain weight but to healthy and strong (not bulked up necessarily).

And if you find that you're not dropping any more fat after a couple weeks then try eating 500 or so less calories from fat a day to try to encourage using body fat for energy in the absence of dietary fat.  Or include some more physical activities.  Or both maybe.  Again, I'm no expert.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:50:58 PM by lance »