Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: The start of a new life  (Read 10711 times)

Offline elizabeth

• Cub
    • View Profile
The start of a new life
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:12:57 AM »
This is my first day on the caveman diet ,ho how i hope this works because other diets hav'nt worked for me ,Im 58 and 15st 9lb ,so we shall see how it goes .

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: The start of a new life
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »
Welcome  :)

Do feel free to ask anything as you go along.

Nicki

Offline elizabeth

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 12:48:45 PM »
Can i please ask ,It says on the first phase in the evening you can eat anything ,but looking on here it says no dairy or is it ok for the first phase ????

Offline Loulou

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »
Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to the tribe, hope you soon feel the benefits like I have and still do, been following this for a year now, best thing I have done!

Good luck and feel free to ask questions, people are generally very helpful and supportive.

Loulou  :)

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »
Can i please ask ,It says on the first phase in the evening you can eat anything ,but looking on here it says no dairy or is it ok for the first phase ????

Yes, you can have anything you want for your stage one feast.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 01:15:00 AM »
Can anyone tell from your own experience how long the initial 'hunger' lasts? It's my second day, and I've experienced this kind of 'hunger' before, I just never went over it. It's now a physical hunger, I munch on something almost all the time, it's a need to eat 'proper' food. Meaning potato or rice.
It's annoying  because I have to focus on my work and all I can think of is that plate of rice and green beans I'm having in the evening.

Is this all together the originating in the insulin imbalance?

Thank you,
J
Cavewoman since March 8 2012.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 02:15:20 AM »
Eating a carb rich diet does make you feel "full" rather than " not hungry".......this does take a bit of getting used to...... give yourself a bit of time, and try to find ways of distracting yourself......

If you're really struggling with hunger, then do have a bit of protein to graze on such as hard boiled egg or cold meats instead of fruit and nuts.

HTH

Nicki

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »
Thanks. I think it was just my body's morning hysteria for some food. It got better when I ate carrots. I know what to do now to prevent it in the future.

Offline mtvmom

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »
This is to my first day I have always had trouble with my weight and this time I just gotta make this time work for so many reason...... So does anyone have kiddos (I have 3 boys) is this hard to follow with kids? I welcome any tips anyone has.  This weights coming off and by time I'm 40 so here we go I need to lose 100lbs in the next 2years so lets do this.....  :D

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 06:24:30 PM »
I have my dog eating Paleo, does that count  ???

You might check paleo kids for tips...
http://www.cavekitchen.com/p/paleo-kids.html

This is to my first day I have always had trouble with my weight and this time I just gotta make this time work for so many reason...... So does anyone have kiddos (I have 3 boys) is this hard to follow with kids? I welcome any tips anyone has.  This weights coming off and by time I'm 40 so here we go I need to lose 100lbs in the next 2years so lets do this.....  :D
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 12:41:27 AM »
Hi

These are two blogs I occasionally read when I'm hunting for recepies. The authors are both paleo mothers with the whole family being paleo.

http://theprimalparent.com/
http://everydaypaleo.com/

Some of the recepies include instructions  what a child can do to help with a meal preparation.

Have fun.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:51:26 AM by Jana »

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 02:19:32 AM »
Eating a carb rich diet does make you feel "full" rather than " not hungry".......this does take a bit of getting used to...... give yourself a bit of time, and try to find ways of distracting yourself......

If you're really struggling with hunger, then do have a bit of protein to graze on such as hard boiled egg or cold meats instead of fruit and nuts.

HTH

Nicki

I think that now I'm starting to understand what you meant :D

Offline CaverDude

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 12:27:01 AM »
Jana,

I want to give you a big THANK YOU  :-* for your links. I'm back here after 2+ hours of reading. Don't you love it when you link hop and feel nourished afterwards :)

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. ~ Virginia Woolf

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 04:41:52 AM »
Anytime. Have lots of fun and do grab something to eat  ;)