Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Poll

How does coffee fit in the Caveman thing?

Some?
0 (0%)
None?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 15, 2012, 11:03:07 AM

Author Topic: Coffee!  (Read 7425 times)

Offline Johnsonapolis

• Cub
    • View Profile
Coffee!
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »
Should I stop drinking coffee?

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »
There are quite a lot of threads on this, so do have a browse...... it really depends how strict you want to be...... i found it really bad when i came off caffeine which told me what it was doing to my body...... i don't have caffeine any more, though i do have an occasional cup off decaf. If you want to give it up, then look for something else you find delicious, so you won't be tempted back on it...... green tea is worth a try or redbush.

Nicki

Offline Aron

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 07:33:46 PM »
I've not had any coffee since i start on this diet 5 weeks back ... was pretty jittery for the first few days and feeling tired but like the last poster mentioned that just showed me how much of an addiction i had ... my housemate turned me on to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandelion_coffee which is actually pretty good but i'm pretty much just sticking to organic tea at work now ... sleeping much better !!

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
Dandelion coffee proved to be a good choice for me when I'm dehydrated or where there is a chance that I become dehydrated. For some reason it keeps the liquid in my body and preventing it from just being filtered through the kidneys.
Cavewoman since March 8 2012.

Offline cavemandave

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 12:31:09 PM »
Coffee's a funny one for me.

There are definite benefits by keeping clear of it like, you'll sleep better although there are other factors for a good nights kip but its all similar to the 'sugar hi/low' thing, the more you get the more you need, then you end up with a constant supply of caffeine and that's a slippery slope of cravings!

But I still have the odd one with my mum!!

Dave.